Any WITP AE players who own War Plan Orange please read.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

kirk23

Any WITP AE players who own War Plan Orange please read.

Post by kirk23 »

I'm looking for any players or ex players of War Plan Orange to leave positive or even negative feedback regarding possible update for this game?

tm.asp?m=3172497 Link to War Plan Orange forum vote page.

Guys all feedback is more than welcome,even negative feedback towards improving WAR PLAN ORANGE further,I just feel it's worth saving because no other game at present time,covers the Pre-Dreadnought,Dreadnought era in this way and in such detail,this game is different to WITP & WITP AE because they are dealing with refighting history,this game is a what if situation,and since I have added the entire British Royal Navy to the game all with new art work,as well as the whole of the German High Seas Fleet,along with the French,Italian,Austrian & Soviet fleets,this game has never been in a better position for gamers wanting to create a great many what if scenarios of their own,that is really only limited by there own imaginations.
Make it so!
kirk23

RE: Any WITP AE players who own War Plan Orange please read.

Post by kirk23 »

Here is a sample of the German High Seas Fleet now available in game.

Attachments
GermanNav..emplate..jpg
GermanNav..emplate..jpg (39.97 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Make it so!
greg_slith

Post by greg_slith »

I have always enjoyed War Plan Orange. It is a very different game due to the limitstion of aviation in those days. What I wouldn't give for a squadron or two of Buffalos or Devastators. I would like to see a War Plan Red in the Pacific. Any way, I like the game very much but don't have the time to play both it and WitP-AE. I would love to see it brought up to AE standards, though.
I hope this helps,
Greg
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

I put my two sense in. I would like to see an upgrade for it one day.
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

ORIGINAL: oldman45

I put my two sense in. I would like to see an upgrade for it one day.

Me too[:)]
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

mike scholl 1

Post by mike scholl 1 »

What it cries out for is a more evolved surface action routine. With airpower in it's
infancy, surface engagements take center stage in WPO, and it's most unsatisfying
to leave virtually all of it to the AI. If War in the Med screams for a better and more
evolved ground combat system, WPO begs for a better and more evolved surface
action system.
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

To all who are posting: Thank you so much for your support. Although I'm one of the odd people who skipped the entire WITP phase, having gone straight from Pacific War to WPO, I'm well aware that my beloved game directly evolved from WITP, and that your past support and feedback is what made both WPO and the wonderful Admiral's Edition possible. Without sounding too melodramatic, weighing in your support when the admittedly smaller WPO community is at a crossroads really means a lot to us.

I agree with everything that has been said above, I barely have time for one game in my life, too. And expanding the naval combat model would be a good thing. I heard WPO initially featured some minor improvements over stock WITP, before AE came out. I'm not intimately familiar with the WITP-AE naval combat model, but if in the course of improving WPO we do that, wouldn't it be great if the improvement could be put in AE as well?

If the WITP community ever needs similar support, I know you can count on me and at least several others in the WPO community. [8D]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hello folks many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to posts there views on War Plan Orange,unlike Connfire above I played Admirals Edition first,before I knew anything about WPO,so I then aquired WITP & WPO together,so I have all three installed on the PC,It goes without saying that I would love to see some kind of update,but at this stage I'm not reaching for the world,although I would love to see WPO AE,but I suppose I'm only dreaming about that one,any way I can do art work but computer programming or upgrading the AI is beyond my knowledge I'm affraid to say,but since the games were born from the same seed as it were,I feel like we are all a band of brothers game wise,some more powerful and richer than the others,but still a kindred spirit all the same.[:)]
Make it so!
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

WPO still holds its own, in my view.

Back in the day WitP and WPO seemed so complicated; now after AE it was fun to fire up WPO and dive right in.

My respect to all of you who are putting time and effort into modding WPO. Stay focused on the Dream, kirk23, you have already done so much. Earlier in May, I downloaded your Great War mod (IIRC) - and found the art work to be outstanding. Your continuing work is very much appreciated.

Thank You again, Sir.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I'd love to see WPO updated, it was my 1st Matrix game. It sorely needs it, but I'm afraid I don't have much hope. [:(]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

There is always hope all it takes is alot of will power and determination to see it through to the end.
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I am modding WPO to Admirals Edition at the present time,in between doing stuff with WPO as it is now,but in a perfect world WPO would get the AE treatment as a official upgrade release![;)]
Make it so!
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Would love to see WPO updated. However, I'd also like to see the AI brought up to speed. That would be the main driver for me.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Now available for the first time in War Plan Orange the Soviet Navy.

Attachments
SovietNav..emplate..jpg
SovietNav..emplate..jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 267 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

SAMPLE JAPANESE NAVY.

Attachments
SampleJapaneseNavy.jpg
SampleJapaneseNavy.jpg (58.78 KiB) Viewed 267 times
Make it so!
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Although I enjoyed WPO very much there were two aspects of it that I felt hindered the game greatly. One is the real lack of air power which made for a one dimensional game. Although normally this would not stop me as I am interested in big gun contests, in a game engine such as WITP it is not so exciting since it literally cut half of the action out and the surface combats alone are to simplistic to hold my attention alone.

The second is that the long campaign was incredibly dull and boring. Just too many days of no action between short bouts of real fighting.

If you reallly are going to do this. Then I would make two suggestions.

One, discard the long campaign entirely in favor of short campaigns. Anywhere from a few months long to a couple of weeks of intensed action. Make lots of scenarios with a diversity of situations. Do not put any effort into a very long campaign. Make some of the scenarios with the idea of balance for tournament play.

Two, make some scenarios that take place in the late 1930s. So the carrier fan boys can have some fun as well. It would be great to fight battles with the carrier aircraft build right up til hostilities started. Quite frankly I think this will draw more interest than a scenario that takes plance in the 1920s.

And, you will definitely have to chrome up surface combat a bit. Don't know if that is possible with the current engine.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

WPO was a great game. I have a few good AAR's on there. even got to play the epic PzB in a game. :)
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I assume it's been a while since you played WPO and that you have never played the latest scenario's,well dull it ain't anymore and there are aircraft a plenty,I have done two massive scenario's CASTLES OF STEEL & PANDORAS BOX,these have aircraft carriers and a great many more aircraft squadrons,and at the last count there were roughly 340 Dreadnoughts,Pre-Dreadnoughts & Battlecruisers in the game,as the navys of Japan,Germany,Italy,France,Austria,Britain,USA,Soviets and even Brazil are there,I'm sure you would be very surprised what the game has in it now.[;)]

Pandoras Box scenario includes the following.

CVs,CVLs,CVEs all sides = 26

BBs,Old BBs,BCs all sides = 348

CAs all sides = 132

LCs all sides = 335

DDs all sides = 1396

SS all sides = 927
Make it so!
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

nice where can you d/l the scens? I even poked erik at matrix to see if perhaps i can help with coding for a WPO:AE style game. That would be so amazing. In a lot of ways i liked WPO's pace better. The islands actually being useful as refueling locations. Heh and taking pearl harbor was fun too. :)
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

There be seperate threads at the WPO forum for the all the scenarios,by the way I would love WPO AE to happen fingers crossed a huge amount of work involved but it would be amazing![:)]

PLEASE CAN WE MOVE ANY FUTURE COMMENTS HERE TO THE WPO VOTE LINK BELOW THANKYOU!!!!!![&o][&o]

I'm looking for any players or ex players of War Plan Orange to leave positive or even negative feedback regarding possible update for this game?

tm.asp?m=3172497 Link to War Plan Orange forum vote page.
Make it so!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”