Troop management issues

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

szabferi

Troop management issues

Post by szabferi »

The troops sceen behaves completely differently from the other screens having lists (eg ships).

- not possible to select multiple troops with CTRL / SHIFT to issue disband
- after selecting a troop and I issue the command, the screens scrolls up automatically to the top

It sounds a minor issue, but now when I have to arrange my troops (eg retire the useless ones), its basically impossible to do, because I should do it one by one, scrolling each time to the proper troop.

In addition it would be very useful:

- on the planet panel, when the mouse is over on a troop, in addition to it's name, it's strength could be displayed
- on the planet panel the strength of the colony is not visible when there is no war. It would be useful to have that calculated and shown.
- it is not possiple to manage, which troops are loaded/unloaded to a ship. Somehow it would be good to select when I want to drop just a couple troops to a planet from my huge troopships (and vice versa, in most cases I dont want to pick up all the troops from a panet and leave it undefended).
- in settings it could be set which troops loaded/unloaded first from/to a planet (eg: strongest, weakest)
Fishers of Men

RE: Troop management issues

Post by Fishers of Men »

I am hoping many of these little management issues are resolved with the next expansion. There is talk of more detail in the ground combat part of the game. We shall see!
Old............but very fast
szabferi

Post by szabferi »

Well... in my current game I have 1465 troops, just ended a big war against the biggest empire. Now it would be the time to reorganize my army (drop the weak/expensive troops, replace them by freshly cloned cheapo terminators, reorganize the garrisons and fill the invasion fleets), but simply the lack of controls makes this impossible. I decided to live with the mess what I have after the war than clicking 100 times just to drop 100 useless droid troopers... :)
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Good suggestions.  [:)]
skigrinder

Post by skigrinder »

Has there been any progress this?
The simple ability to select & disband multiple units in the troop management screen would really help.

As it is, I get rid of unwanted/underpowered troop units by loading them onto a troop transport and scrapping the ship.
Anyone have any other ideas?

skigrinder
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

That's just plain mean![:D]
Old............but very fast
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: skigrinder

Has there been any progress this?
The simple ability to select & disband multiple units in the troop management screen would really help.

As it is, I get rid of unwanted/underpowered troop units by loading them onto a troop transport and scrapping the ship.
Anyone have any other ideas?

skigrinder
ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

That's just plain mean![:D]

Yeah....just 'space' them....only way to be sure!

{Bet that's GREAT for morale)
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
skigrinder

Post by skigrinder »

In my empire, all 'scrapped' ships/troops have a salvage vehicle sent out to transport out any lifeforms and then blow the hardware to smithereenies.
This is an imaginary task that is outsourced to the private sector to relieve my conscience.

Return to “Tech Support”