DC Case Blue v1.02c Public Beta

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Andrew Loveridge

DC Case Blue v1.02c Public Beta

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello all,

We have a new Beta version to check out. It can be found in the Members Club, and contains a number of improvements and fixes.

Edit - This has been updated to v1.02c beta, with many issues raised in the forums addressed.

v1.02c – August 22, 2012
Beta Update
    Bug Fixes[/b][ul]
  • Fixed a bug with the AI in final stages of defeat taking really long to process engineering moves.
  • Fixed a bug caused by playing a regime card in the middle of giving an attack order (like air attack).
  • Fixed a bug with big map modus and switching back to small map modus using PgUp while in the middle of issuing an attack order.
  • Fixed a bug with the 1st Panzer Army campaign where newly created units or empty units (by add (sub)unit) where not properly transferred to the next level.

Improvements
  • Changed the d100 dice throw for intercept algorithm, this should fix issue with too often too large amount of enemy interceptors or to often too little amount of interceptors.
  • If by some freak accident the pbem++ file (or any savefile) is corrupt the game will exit more gracefully and actually tell you why it exits.
[/ul]

v1.02 Beta – August 13, 2012
    [b]Improvements[/b][ul]
  • All scenarios now no longer allow playing an officer card on unit that has changed HQ in the current turn.
  • For modding: When loading ZIP game will now display any readme.txt file contents to player and if a file has been written to the mods/ directory the game will advise the player to restart the game.
  • For modding purposes: Regime Pen color is now not used for the natocounters and all text in the color is now correctly rendered in the Pen color. This should allow for modding really light counters and using black pen on top of them. If none of the rgb values of the Pen is above 128 then the text shadow is also dropped.
  • Message text with Intelligence card reply improved and correct strategic position of enemy now given. (R)
  • Renamed reinf group light tanks to light-med tanks to take away some confusion. So PzIIs, PzIIIs, Pz38s, Pz35s are reinfgroup ‘light-med’ and PzIVs are reinfgroup ‘medium’.
  • Moved Hungarian Corps to Black Sea Coast in Case Blue Campaign Scenarios.
  • Also moved a Security division in Uranus to the Black Sea Coast.
  • Made cargoships and barges weaker and thus more easily destroyed (50% less hitpoints) as well as reducing the transport capacity of cargoships from 4 to 3 weight points per ship.
Fixes
  • Karl Gerat, 200 hp instead of 40
  • Aircobra P39 graphic is now correct
  • Endless battle bug in AI with naval attacks on port should be fixed.
  • Alfredo Guzzioni combat bonus glitch fixed
  • Arial Font issue with some systems missing arial is now solved. All Arial fonts are now loaded from internal font directory.
  • Stated in intcp mouse over that only fighters will intercept also double checked that no bombers are actually intercepting by accident.
  • There was an issue with the Germans getting told they have 1 minor order but not seeing any items in the list. This is fixed.
  • When setting replacements to prio they got counted double in request stats. This glitch is fixed. Also a minor bug has been fixed with some units being allowed to request too many troops if they were very close to their full complement.
  • X and T hotkey no longer cause a crash
  • Fixed a bug where AI kept attacking a port hex until infinity
  • Fixed a bug where the AIs Stavka unit got corrupted. This bug when it is found during a running game is fixed with this version on the fly.
[/ul]

1.01g Changes
budd

RE: DC Case Blue v1.02 Public Beta

Post by budd »

I ran the installer and it always hangs at installing manual errata, tried twice.Had to close it using task manager. opened the game and it says 102 on the main screen so will the install be fine? It never finishes.

Attachments
ScreenShot072.jpg
ScreenShot072.jpg (133.33 KiB) Viewed 59 times
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
HercMighty

Post by HercMighty »

I get the same thing. Win 7.
tombo

Post by tombo »

this happen to me too...i have vista.

but, try and start the game. it had updated to 1.02 anyways. [:D]
Pawsy

Post by Pawsy »

worked ok for me win 7
Shadow Empire beta tester
valor and victory beta tester
DW2 DLC beta tester
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: starbuck310

worked ok for me win 7

Worked just fine on my end.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
rominet

Post by rominet »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

I ran the installer and it always hangs at installing manual errata, tried twice.Had to close it using task manager. opened the game and it says 102 on the main screen so will the install be fine? It never finishes.

Same thing, i am on Vista and XP.
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

OP has been updated. I have not been able to find the cause of the install error, but have made a couple changes. Please let me know if you are still having trouble with it stalling.
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

I haven't installed either of the past two beta updates, but I did install the one before that. Can I install the most recent two updates without affecting my current saved game? Thanks.
budd

Post by budd »

the new 102c ran all the way thru. Thx
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I haven't installed either of the past two beta updates, but I did install the one before that. Can I install the most recent two updates without affecting my current saved game? Thanks.

All updates are compatible with running games, always :)
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I had the problem with it freezing on the docx part...but I was able to update when I ran as an administrator.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”