AI not concentrating forces

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Schmart

AI not concentrating forces

Post by Schmart »

Not a bug per se. I would like to point out that I think the AI (Russian vs AI, in this case) doesn't seem to be freeing up units from quiet parts of the front to be used for an offensive. In this case, it's the summer of 1942 and I count roughly 25-30 divisions that could be easily freed up from the static northern half of the front. I started the GC at 110/90 settings (AI/me). In the spring I figured the Axis might need some extra help, so I bumped it up to 115/85, hoping the extra morale especially would help.

I've attached a zip of a save. When opening it, you'll see the front north of Bryansk has a lot of double and triple stacked divisions. But this front has been quiet all along and the AI has made hardly any attacks on this sector. The Axis summer offensive is south of Bryansk. Any player worth his salt would leave nothing more than a single German division per hex on a quiet front. The Germans have 3.3 million men in the field, so these can't be run down divisions. Perhaps on offensive will come in the north, but I suspect not as they are fairly evenly spread out. I think it's a matter of the AI not effectively concentrating it's forces. Divisions amounting to two additional armies would make a a huge difference with the AI's main effort currently down south.

I will be using 120/80 settings the rest of the way in this game for more of a challenge.
Attachments
gc7t55.zip
(4.1 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
elmo3

RE: AI not concentrating forces

Post by elmo3 »

I'll take a look but major changes to the AI at this point are unlikely to happen.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Schmart

Post by Schmart »

Maybe for 2.0 then? I know work is concentrated on WitW right now.
Bronze

Post by Bronze »

And I trust you will look into the AI abandoning/inadequately defending cities too..........

Return to “Tech Support”