OT Forum Pop Up Advertising

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Itdepends

OT Forum Pop Up Advertising

Post by Itdepends »

Whats with the pop up ads to "claim an Ipad" visa or similar. Ruddy annoying because it's a suck you in an get you to suscribe to a service where you have expensive messages sent to your mobile for the priveledge of your chance to win.

Given the profile of the people that visit this forum bet their uptake rate is low [8D]
Bill Durrant

RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising

Post by Bill Durrant »

Doesn't happen to me and I'd be surprised if Matrix allowed it. Sounds as though you might have something on your computer that needs removing. Try some anti-virus and anti malware programmes. Lots around for free.
Sunk by 35cm/45 1YT Gun - Near Singapore
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Yep, you got a virus or adware most likely. A updated virus scanner or anti-malware should find it.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Yep, you got a virus or adware most likely. A updated virus scanner or anti-malware should find it.
I agree.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: Shark7

I agree.

There's a thread in the general forum about a user being banned for inserting spam into the forum. Don't recall the date. Maybe "Slakmann" or something similar.

Or it could be adware unrelated to the forum. But suspicious if it only shows up when visiting here.
The Moose
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

We've had a number of spammers sign up and start spamming forums. They can't create pop up ads, just forum posts with dodgy links. Matrix gets rid of them as quickly as possible.

I agree with everyone else here, it sounds like you have some kind of virus.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Found the little sucker. An ap called Yontool that highlights key words on a page that your reading and gives pop up ads when you hover your cursor over them.

Cheers for the heads up- my apologies for doubting Matrix.
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Found the little sucker. An ap called Yontool that highlights key words on a page that your reading and gives pop up ads when you hover your cursor over them.

Cheers for the heads up- my apologies for doubting Matrix.

Just don't do it again!! [:D]
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”