What is this game?

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Capt Cliff

What is this game?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Is this a tactical game or operational or strategic game? I am really looking for a Civil War game on the computer similar to the old board game The Civil War. Making Terrible Swift Sword would be nice too.
Capt. Cliff
Bamilus

RE: What is this game?

Post by Bamilus »

From the few responses I've gotten it seems like the game is basically similar to Forge of Freedom except it's (apparently) not a grand strategy game but focused more on the tactical battles. They've basically released no information on the game so I could be off by a mile.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Purely tactical, and indeed similar to some board games. Though some testers have made flattering comparisons with 'Civil War General'.

Bamillus,
We've released some info, but by now it's buried in older threads (or you might have your account set only to show threads no more than 365 days old).
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Hmm. I should probably add that progress continues to be made, despite the need to work on other games as well. I'm right now midway through scripting the CSA's Manassas AI. (We use light scripting, to keep things open-ended. Though in this particular case, some units need to be scripted to guard the fords on the CSA Right, or else they'll all abandon their posts and head towards the central fighting in a rather unhistorical -- not to mention easily exploited! -- way.)

Eric is still working on our most recent release, "Conflict of Heroes," but soon will have time for a new build.

I'll let you know when there's further news.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Hmm. I should probably add that progress continues to be made, despite the need to work on other games as well. I'm right now midway through scripting the CSA's Manassas AI. (We use light scripting, to keep things open-ended. Though in this particular case, some units need to be scripted to guard the fords on the CSA Right, or else they'll all abandon their posts and head towards the central fighting in a rather unhistorical -- not to mention easily exploited! -- way.)

Eric is still working on our most recent release, "Conflict of Heroes," but soon will have time for a new build.

I'll let you know when there's further news.

Awesome. Keep us posted
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

If its close to what Civil War Generals was this will be a huge hit like Panzer Corps was and I will definitely buy it.
Wardyr

Post by Wardyr »

This game is sounding more and more interesting as we are given bits of information here and there. I am always looking for the next Civil War game to play. I have enjoyed all of the Civil War games put out by Matrix and loved testing for War between the States. Hopefully they will open up this one for more testers.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Wardyr,
Your avatar is my laptop desktop image, and has been for a decade or so, spanning my ownership of two laptops. I congratulate you on your taste.

And it can never hurt to express one's interest in testing.
Yo`Ho85984

Post by Yo`Ho85984 »

Interest Expressed [;)]
Wardyr

Post by Wardyr »

Gil, that picture has been on the desktop of several of my computers for at least a decade as well. I just last year replaced it on my work computer last year with a picture I took from Stone Rivers National Cemetery, but it is still on my laptop.

Should the opportunity arise I would definitely be interested in testing.

Have a great day.
berto

Post by berto »

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Sumter

Post by Sumter »

Will there be an editor for the game? The talk about simularities to Civil War Generals is intriguing, but the editor was one of the best things about that old game.

Thanks

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”