Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.16 now Available!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Andrew Loveridge

Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.16 now Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello all,

More changes and improvements are in the works for Distant Worlds Legends. There is a new Beta version in the Members Club. Changes are listed below with a link to the previous changes. Let us know how this works for you.

v1.7.0.16 Beta – July 20th, 2012
    CRASH FIXES[/b] [ul]
  • Fixed rare crash when zooming out to galaxy-level
  • Fixed rare crash when checking colony resource bonuses
  • Fixed rare crash when open Troops screen
  • fixed crash when editing development level on super-high quality planets (185+)
  • Fixed crash when start new game after reverting from Theme with many custom races

MODDING
  • Lowered required file permissions for reading custom Empire Policy files - this should ensure that these customized files are always used when their Theme is enabled. Also should no longer matter whether customized file properties are read-only or read-write

DESIGNS
  • Fixed bug where abandoned ships would sometimes have multiple different reactor types in their designs
  • Altered order in which components are dropped off AI military ship designs when attempting to fit within construction size limits (armor is now higher priority to keep)
OTHER
  • Improved stickiness of defense fleets to defend target
  • HyperStop Gravity Well Projectors now also stop pirates from jumping close to target
  • Fixed situation where too many mining ships of the same empire were clustering around a single planet/moon/asteroid
[/ul]

v1.7.0.15 Beta – June 4th, 2012
    Crash Fixes[/b] [ul]
  • Improved memory management to further minimize out of memory crashes.
  • Fixed rare crash when new resource appears at colony.
  • Fixed rare crash when evaluating ship commands.
  • Fixed crash when using game editor to change development level on highly-developed planet (160+).
Other
  • Fixed bug where Shakturi would sometimes not declare war on the Ancient Guardians (Return of the Shakturi storyline).
  • Fixed bug where some ship designs would be repeatedly auto-created even when no new components researched.
  • Fixed bug where bombarded planets (zero population) were often becoming lost colonies that could be reacquired when visited.
  • Fixed bug where other empires were asking you to remove military forces from system when they were no longer present.
  • Fixed bug where you could sometimes still colonize planets that were outside colonization range.
  • Fixed display bug when describing happiness bonus from ruins in Colonies screen.
  • Gas clouds with gas mining stations now properly excluded from potential mining locations in Empire Navigation Tool and Expansion Planner screen (note that gas clouds allow more than one empire to build gas mining stations at them - but only one per empire).
  • Can now build both mining stations and resort bases at same location if scenery at location.
  • Added ‘Move to Top’ button in construction queues on Ships and Bases screen.
[/ul]

1.7.0.14 changes
Gareth_Bryne

RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available!

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

Fixed bug where bombarded planets (zero population) were often becoming lost colonies that could be reacquired when visited.

Well, in my opinion, that would be nice to have been left as a feature[:)], it's like survivors come out of underground shelters...
Fixed display bug when describing happiness bonus from ruins in Colonies screen.

And I hope Gardens of Arcadia give more than a measly +1 happiness per planet...
Added ‘Move to Top’ button in construction queues on Ships and Bases screen.

Nice!
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
Kayoz

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
  • Fixed bug where other empires were asking you to remove military forces from system when they were no longer present.
  • Fixed bug where you could sometimes still colonize planets that were outside colonization range.
Huzzah!
ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
  • Can now build both mining stations and resort bases at same location if scenery at location.
  • Added ‘Move to Top’ button in construction queues on Ships and Bases screen.
Double huzzah!
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
Kayoz

Post by Kayoz »

Seems to work... but...

Attachments
Install17015.jpg
Install17015.jpg (64.47 KiB) Viewed 429 times
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Dang, time for a new game.
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

Woot! If I wasn't running on only an hour of sleep in two days I might manage to load it when I get home from work. Might be tomorrow instead...

Much appreciated, guys!
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

ORIGINAL: Kayoz

Seems to work... but...

Thanks for noting that, it will be fixed for the release.
Beag

Post by Beag »

Classic question, will it work with 1.14 savegames?

Great work, had trouble with the "fleet that isn´t there" bug screwing relations.
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

Andrew,

Did those two other bugs I reported on the 28th and 29th not make it in time for this update? The one regarding fleets moving out of position is especially annoying...
Beag

Post by Beag »

Another thing that might need some analysis. I´ve noticed that if I auto-upgrade designs even after having decent ship sizes (above 400) and the relevant counter-measure and targeting techs, the components aren´t placed in the design. Makes me wonder if the AI doesn´t uses those in their designs after having the tech (can´t tell for sure since I don´t use scanners in my ships).
ceyan

Post by ceyan »

ORIGINAL: Beag

Another thing that might need some analysis. I´ve noticed that if I auto-upgrade designs even after having decent ship sizes (above 400) and the relevant counter-measure and targeting techs, the components aren´t placed in the design. Makes me wonder if the AI doesn´t uses those in their designs after having the tech (can´t tell for sure since I don´t use scanners in my ships).

Auto-upgrade does just that, upgrades your designs. It doesn't re-design them, just puts the newest versions of existing components on it (with some internal priority to equal level techs). If you let the AI actually control your designs they will use the newly researched components.

Edit:
Assuming you have those options enabled in the policy screen.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Thank you, as always!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

Oh, yes, and thanks! It was so late last night that I forgot to mention that [:'(]

It seems to be running more smoothly than the last beta too, which is great!
hewwo

Post by hewwo »

Nice!
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

Did constructors get an AI update to pick up supplies when they run out partway through a job?

I ask because I've had a couple instances of a constructor apparently double-building a resort base as a planet with a scenic bonus. When this happens, one base is usually mostly finished and the other just started. The systems appear to have been clear of enemies so the only thing I can figure is that the construction ships ran out of supplies, ran off to pick up some more, but when they came back they started the build job over from scratch rather than continuing the previous job.

I only have the two examples so far, so I don't have enough information to know if it's a bug or just me overzealously queuing multiple constructors to build resort bases at the same location.
Falokis

Post by Falokis »

Not knocking this patch because it fixed issues for me, but it seems awful light for the time it took to be put out. Is this just a taste of something bigger you were trying to get out?
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

ORIGINAL: Falokis

Not knocking this patch because it fixed issues for me, but it seems awful light for the time it took to be put out. Is this just a taste of something bigger you were trying to get out?

Codeforce are working on the next expansion pack.Hopefully we get details soon.
Falokis

Post by Falokis »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

I remember them saying that. I didn't know if there was going to be anything "major" before the xpac or if all energy is going to it exclusively now.
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

ORIGINAL: MartialDoctor

Andrew,

Did those two other bugs I reported on the 28th and 29th not make it in time for this update? The one regarding fleets moving out of position is especially annoying...

Andrew, do you know the situation with these?
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Getting a bug-free version of the current game should take a much higher priority to work on a new expansion. The last time we had this issue, I stopped playing and at least one other player (cookiemonster) seems to have left. Cookiemonster spent what must have been hours finding, and reporting, bugs, only to be ignored. At least, this is the impression I got because I felt the same way.

You can't have a broken game and expect people to buy an expansion to it.

Edit: This post isn't meant to be too accusatory. Just pointing out my point of view.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”