Recon for night bombing ?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

39battalion

Recon for night bombing ?

Post by 39battalion »

Just returned to this excellent game and I have fired up one of the Bomber Command night bombing campaigns as the British.

I can't see any button for flying recon missions.

Am I missing something or are recon missions not possible for night campaigns ?

Thx
Dobey455

RE: Recon for night bombing ?

Post by Dobey455 »

The missions are all flown at night, so you won't be able to launch recon.
Having said that, its not really necessary for night missions (Area Bombing) as the crews won't be able to see their targets anyway.
Ralzakark

Post by Ralzakark »

Historically the RAF devoted major efforts to damage assessment, but that is not reflected in the Bomber Command scenarios. In game terms I don't think it makes much difference as the results of area bombing are known to the Allied player.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
39battalion

Post by 39battalion »

Oh okay thanks guys
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

ORIGINAL: Ralzakark

Historically the RAF devoted major efforts to damage assessment, but that is not reflected in the Bomber Command scenarios. In game terms I don't think it makes much difference as the results of area bombing are known to the Allied player.

Ralzakark,
I've run many BC missions where the damage to area and rail does not show up until after recon is run - obviously that doesn't apply to the night scenarios. I still find recon valuable for BDA...
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
Ralzakark

Post by Ralzakark »

Hadn't noticed that as I tend to play only the day or night campaigns. Good spot madflava13.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Agree with Matflava, recon is essential after night bombing. It is also useful to plan for creepback.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”