College football

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rodney727

College football

Post by rodney727 »

With college football only about three months away anyone want to start a football pick em? Let me know. How it would work is we would pick 10-20 games a week and we would keep it simple straight up and the winner would get a 25 matrix gift card if their is such a thing.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
warspite1

RE: College football

Post by warspite1 »

I've no idea what you are talking about - was that even English? [;)]

However, if our Yankee cousins are going to have a go at the football, then, if it's not too complicated, I will have a go [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Lol ok w1! We will see how many people want to do this and what rules they want to have. I will front the first 25 and if anyone else wants to add anything to it the are welcome to do so. Iowa,Wisconsin ,Ohio State,Tennessee and Minnesota will be the first five teams. PM me if you want to include your team.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

How could I forget Missouri ? So we have six teams.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
nate25

Post by nate25 »

I'm in.
I have a subtle and cunning plan.
Orm

Post by Orm »

College football? Then I am out.

I might consider NFL football if I understand the rules for the competition. But it is a long time before the season begins.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
nate25

Post by nate25 »

Come on, Orm. I'm trying your football, which I know very little about. I'll help with questions.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: nate25

Come on, Orm. I'm trying your football, which I know very little about. I'll help with questions.
As I said I am willing to consider NFL. That league I can at least partially follow.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
nate25

Post by nate25 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

As I said I am willing to consider NFL. That league I can at least partially follow.

What do you think is the big difference b/t college and NFL? They're not that different.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Orm

What do you think is the big difference b/t college and NFL? They're not that different.
Only difference is that they show some of the NFL matches on Swedish TV. That might not make any difference to you but to me that is a huge difference. [:)]
nate25

Post by nate25 »

Right right. Didn't think about TV.
Orm

Post by Orm »

I wish they showed some college football here. Would be fun to watch.
nate25

Post by nate25 »

Well, I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch to do an NFL league as well. We'll get you fixed up.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

The time to report draws very close.

Edit: Big misunderstanding here. Partly (or all) my fault. I only meant that the time for players to report to summer/fall camps is getting close. [:D]
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
british exil

Post by british exil »

NFL sounds good, I have no idea about the college teams as I don't follow college football. Only Notre Dame rings a bell, but don't even know if they are any good.

I'm a Buffalo fan myself, if I can call myself a fan. Watched the 90's live and was upset by watching 3 superbowls in a row and each time runner up. Every year I watch the Super Bowl so I understand the rules to the game, but not much in the drafting side of the game. I have ESPN America over here so I watch a bit of US sport when I can, but you do ruin it by having a bad timezone.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Ok the NFL sounds good. This way we can include our European brothers. Who's in?
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
british exil

Post by british exil »

Errrr, what do we have to do?[&:]

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
nate25

Post by nate25 »

I was thinking we could do both, Rod - whatcha think?
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

It's simple. Every week I will list all the games. You pick who will win. At the end of the season who ever has the most wins will win.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: british exil

Errrr, what do we have to do?[&:]

Mat
Warspite1

What do we have to do part II? [&:]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “General Discussion”