Loading screen

Post new mods and scenarios here.
junk2drive

Loading screen

Post by junk2drive »

Can we get an alternate for the small graphic that pops up when you start the game?

The sunburst hurts my eyes.

I can't even use sunsets for my desktop background because of the intense light.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ericbabe

RE: Loading screen

Post by ericbabe »

Not easily as a mod. The splash graphic is compiled in XNB format, which I believe requires Visual Studio to create. Sorry about your eyes.
Xacto

Post by Xacto »

Are there any 3rd party extractors/compilers for XNB files? I would love to change the dice graphics.
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

"splash graphic is compiled in XNB format" Seriously? Who does that?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Probably most developers who use XNA.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: Xacto
Are there any 3rd party extractors/compilers for XNB files? I would love to change the dice graphics.

There are no general-purpose third party XNB compilers that I'm aware of. You could possibly use the free ("express") version of Visual Studio.

If you'd like, feel free to send me six dice files named Dice1.png through Dice6.png with your modded dice images and I'll build the output files for you. The files should be in PNG format with a transparent background. For reference, the images we're using now are 64 x 64 pixels.
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

As someone on the fence about buying Im really reluctant now because it sounds like the modding potential is very limited. The splash screen is coded, I mean come on. I havent heard of this kinda thing since Windows95 games.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

I think that's a fair call given it's their IP. I also think it's quite a generous offer of the developer to assist in conversions to proprietary files. Why would you want to mod the splash screen anway? :-) edit: ah I see the reason for modding, as per the OP's request.
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”