[BFTB] Sidebar problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

samurai023

[BFTB] Sidebar problem

Post by samurai023 »

My sidebar is too wide so that part of the content is covered by the map. As a result, I can not change the assault time manually![:(]

Does anyone have the same problem?

PS: my screen resolution is 1280*800.

Attachments
BFTB.jpg
BFTB.jpg (547.81 KiB) Viewed 375 times
Lieste

RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem

Post by Lieste »

This is a windows font/magnification/DPI problem, it has been raised several times in the past, and I think it was solved for the reporters in each case. Can you have a hunt about for the relevant threads? I'll find a link later this evening if you haven't been successful.
samurai023

Post by samurai023 »

Thanks a lot for the hint. I solved my problem. The reason is that I changed font size from 100% to 125%.
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Is there still no way to set font sizes for BFTB only?

I keep my Windows fonts set to 125% (or higher) due to eyesight issues, but it would be great to be able to run BFTB without setting my whole system to 100% every time I want to play.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Paul Roberts,

OK I'll ask Paul Scobell to see if we can do this.

Paul,

How about it?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Perif

Post by Perif »

I have the exact same issue.

My screen is a 15" with a resolution of 1920x1080 (windows 8, no problem on my previous pc). I need to set the font size to 125% otherwise reading text is impossible. Regarding BotB, I have the exact same sidebar problem. I tried to google to see if there was any workaround but with no success.

Any solution since last year ?

Thanks ![:)]
samurai023

Post by samurai023 »

You have to change font size to 100% when playing BFTB.
Perif

Post by Perif »

Yes, It works like that but still this is quite cumbersome to log-out + log-in each + change this parameter before and after each play. It is the only app I have which has this problem...[:(]
Arjuna

RE: [BFTB] Sidebar problem

Post by Arjuna »

Perif,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are starting a process to change our graphics engine. This will be done in stages over a long time. When it is finished we should be able to support multiple font sizes.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Perif

Post by Perif »

Hello Arjuna,

Thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to try the new engine ! Do you have a planned release date ? Or will you plan a beta test ?

Thanks !
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Perif

Post by Perif »

Thanks Dave !
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Perif,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are starting a process to change our graphics engine. This will be done in stages over a long time. When it is finished we should be able to support multiple font sizes.

Just to add another datapoint to the discussion, I encountered the sidebar / font problem after (stupidly) running a Norton 360 Registry scan, and deleting the references it indicated linked to no programs. Unfortunately, I didn't save a list of the files involved, since they weren't supposed to relate to anything installed on the computer anyway.

Did all the recommended fixes, and even went into the registry (after confirming I had the proper 96DPI Bitmap font names) and did a Microsoft registry change which would allow for less than 96 DPI scaling.

Didn't correct the problem on the Command OPS Sidebar Gui.

One thing I note in both Command Ops and Conquest of the Aegean (which didn't have the problem before I scrubbed the registry) is that the font displays appear to be bold for both the resolution screen and the scenario listings, and they weren't before the registry was changed.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell XPS 8300, 8GB RAM, and an AMD 6450 graphics processor with 1GB of video memory at 1080 by 1920 screen (16 by 9) screen resolution.

I noted the nominal schedule for CO2, and the first change to the graphics engine is sometime in September, so hopefully this gets posted in time to allow for the information to be included in the evaluation of the software.

Meantime, I'll brainstorm some other "fixes" and if one appears to work, will post it back here.

Otherwise, my SA for friendly unit health, supply, and some command options is hindered a bit.

Did run Scenemaker and Estab Editor. They both appear to be working fine in terms of information display on their guis.

Hope this helps.
Take care,

jim

Return to “Tech Support”