Thanks - please, next game with US or UK

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Ocean1

Thanks - please, next game with US or UK

Post by Ocean1 »

I do not like Eastern Front games, where the two forces are limited to Germans and Russians. For some reason, this seems to be a first choice for some developers. There must be a reason, and yes, I know tank battles were severe on this front.

Regardless of that, I jumped in on the first day and purchased this game. I have been looking for a game to replicate the counter/board war game for some time now. I own most other tactical/strategic computer war games (name it and I've either bought it or tried it, for the most part). This game is the first one that gives me that board game feel.

I have been enjoying it, even though it's the eastern front. Thanks for the work on this game and I hope you quickly do add ons or people make scenarios soon, as I think the ones included will be quick to complete. It's a good game though.

Please - make the next one, or an add on, which involves the other allies against the axis forces...

Thanks! :)
raizer

RE: Thanks - please, next game with US or UK

Post by raizer »

this is a direct port from a board game, which is why its eastern front and why it was a first choice-the other 2 board games out are poland 39 and kursk-Then guadalcanal will be out sometime later this year then normandy after that...so you got some time on your hands
JFalk68

Post by JFalk68 »

ehh...I vote for Poland 39 :)
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

+1 for Normandy
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
Bison36

Post by Bison36 »

Guadalcanal.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Your voting is pointless. Storm of Steel (Kursk) is next most likely followed by Poland. It will follow the boardgame releases.

So vote all you want it makes no difference.
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Your voting is pointless. Storm of Steel (Kursk) is next most likely followed by Poland. It will follow the boardgame releases.

So vote all you want it makes no difference.

bullsh#t (as usually ;-) )

IMHO i think its up to JD McNeil to call the shots. Not you !
...and if he and his team thinks the market demand for Normandy or Guadalcanal will be bigger, then lets say for example Poland. (and if rule-sets are already done and stored in the safes of WCS) i am sure he's able to negotiate contracts to let develop whatever scenario for a PC release will be a better sell for Matrix / Slitherine.

hell, if he demands 'Africa' or even 'Vietnam' he will get it [:D]
... its just a question of investments to direct into the project and the estimated ROI

so i vote for Normandy (...and NAM [;)]) on the roadmap after SoS
BodyBag

Post by BodyBag »

Let's see if it is a success first...
In politics, stupidity is not a handicap
Napoleon Bonaparte
wodin

Post by wodin »

MikeGer, stop stalking, I've see what you've said several times over at Wargamer, and it's slanderous rubbish.

It has been stated that the next is Storm of Steel, so yet again your spouting pure sh~te and are just looking for an argument.

Your reported, plus blocked.

Go get a life.

Oh thanks Bodybag:)
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

ORIGINAL: BodyBag
For your information, the dev's are already 50% done with "Storm of Steel", which will be the next game in the series.
so i vote for Normandy (...and NAM [;)]) on the roadmap after SoS [;)]
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Haha I prefer always east front. The terrible Western Allied tanks don't interest me in tactical games. And it feels to me like the usual first choice is western allies vs Germany....so I guess it's all point of view. To each his own right? Maybe they'll do another Battle of the Bulge game for you. :)
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

ORIGINAL: wodin
MikeGer, stop stalking, I've see what you've said several times over at Wargamer, and it's slanderous rubbish.

you dont want go down that track again here and spoil this forum too, arent you?

PS:
FYI i have the prove, the evidence, and the written word from HPS President Scott Hamilton about that 'incident' ...that whole stuff is not a topic for this forum and has nothing to do with CoH. Period!

wodin

Post by wodin »

@jjdenver, I'm sure they will do all theaters at some point if the game sells well anyway. Voting for a PC version of the game when no boardgame is out is pointless as remember this is Academy Games game, not a sole Matrix\Slitherine\WCS product.

I too prefer the East front aswell. Hopefully Mikeger will get his Normandy or Nam some time down the line as it will give him something to do.

Thats funny me and Scott and in regular contact as I'm a Beta tester. I shall email him know and see what he says. He has been doing alot of LOS programming for TU so maybe abit busy. However I want to know why he is giving you false info about a customer?

As for spoiling the fun, you started this mate. Yours was the first post on here directed at me in a negative way. Anyway email to Scot, PM to Iain.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Email sent, I doubt Scott will be happy about this.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is a warning. No personal attacks whatsoever are permitted. I am locking this thread. Please start a new thread if you want continue this topic, but keep the discussion on topic.

The first expansions, Storms of Steel, has already been announced at the press event.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”