EXP Packs

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Igbe

EXP Packs

Post by Igbe »

What is your time frame for the follow up packs? I know that you have confirmed work has started on the first one. Will these go in order?
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Erik Rutins

RE: EXP Packs

Post by Erik Rutins »

We've begun work on Storms of Steel and plan to have that out this year. The others will follow in order, per the current plan.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Igbe

Post by Igbe »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We've begun work on Storms of Steel and plan to have that out this year. The others will follow in order, per the current plan.

Regards,

- Erik

Not trying to pin you down to a time frame so about every six months? Also are your plans to release all the modules or is this first one a wait and see kind of a thing? Looks like Guadalcanal has a July release date on the board game side. Just curious if you guys plan on releasing all the modules on the PC basically.

Thanks for a quick response!
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Igbe,

I can't give you an exact date or timeframe yet, but I think at a minimum once a year would be realistic, with one every six months being a good goal but not quite as likely. Also, we'd like to do the entire series and continue to support the game. Obviously there is a connection between how well it does and our future plans, but we hope this first release will make enough people happy that we'll be able to proceed with full steam ahead.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Does that include work on a campaign?
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

If there's one thing I've learned about making predictions regarding when games come out, it's that the only reliable timeframe is the one dictating how often I have to respond to "You said it would be out by now -- why isn't it?" posts!

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”