Need some help or tips to improve "grand campaign"

Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem is a highly enhanced new release of Close Combat, using the latest Close Combat engine with many additional improvements. Its design is based on the critically acclaimed Close Combat – A Bridge Too Far, originally developed by Atomic Games, as well as the more recent Close Combat: The Longest Day. This is the most ambitious and most improved of the new Close Combat releases, but along with all the enhancements it retains the same addicting tactical action found in the original titles! Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem comes with expanded force pools, reserve & static battlegroups, a troop point buying system, ferry and assault crossings, destructible bridges, static forces and much more! Also included in this rebuild are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign!
Acehole

Need some help or tips to improve "grand campaign"

Post by Acehole »

Hello, as a big fan of the CC series , i am happy to download a patch for the "lost savegame" issue who bored me (and others ) for a time .Thanks to Matrix for the support! So, back to work , but i have a reflexion against the difference in difficulty beetween the original CC2 and LSA...for me , LSA is less challenging than CC2 for the allied (i ended the great campaign in 3 days left , without airborne that i disband...)

-So, can i ,to compensate, adjust the difficulty (without lost of historical ) : green for one , veteran for other by example ??? what is the best combination ?

-is there a mod (and where find it) for better "great campaign" ( like realpara for CC2)

- why , some significant differences beetween the two games in term of material and maps ? maps complety different ( with same name ) or , in example, the disparition of "crocodile" and "AVRE" for allied ...editor choice or real historical remake ? who is the more realistic ?

-Where to play multiplayer , (i cannot succeed to play on Battlehq), where are the best place for CC players ?

Sorry for this long post but ,i hope my remarks and your answer help somebody else .Truly yours [&o]
stolidog

RE: Need some help or tips to improve "grand campaign"

Post by stolidog »

As far as difficulty level h2h, in my opinion the allies should be at line and the germans at one level easier (green)

For multiplayer try gameranger, there is a fair amount of people out there playing on the weekends
Acehole

RE: Need some help or tips to improve "grand campaign"

Post by Acehole »

Thanks to have take time to answer , i try several combination to challenge the game as you suggest....curiously, i have greater difficulty to play on allied side on "longest day" where the allied forces was advantaged ...

Return to “Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem”