Need an opponent? Look no further...

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Ashcloud

Need an opponent? Look no further...

Post by Ashcloud »

Are you thrashing your AI relentlessly? Do you need a real challenge? Why not take on some real player opposition? Join the Blitz!

At The Blitz (http://www.theblitz.org) wargaming club we support over 100 PC games in these categories:
Ancient Wars, Black Powder, Campaign Series, Combat Mission (and Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy), Grigsby Ops, Operational Art of War, Sea and Air Combat, Squad Battles, Steel Panthers, Tiller Operational Campaigns and more.

TheBlitz.org has a competitive ladder system and player ranking, custom scenario database, tournaments, decorations and achievement awards, after action reports (AARs), and an active online forum community.

The Blitz has players of all skill levels, many of whom are willing to encourage and instruct newcomers. Take your wargame skills to new levels and experience the games as they were meant to be played.

You can also contact me personally, either here (on my profile) or at TheBlitz.org - if you need any more help or information.
Warhorse

RE: Need an opponent? Look no further...

Post by Warhorse »

Good stuff!!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

+ 2

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Gents: [:)]

The Blitz(http://www.theblitz.org) wargaming club has been serving the PBeM gaming community for over 13 years! A competitive ladder system and player ranking, custom scenario database, tournaments, decorations and achievement awards, after action reports (AARs), and an active online forum community, that Ashley mentions in his OP, are just "some" of the pluses of membership! [X(]

The real club pluses are the friendships I have made over the years! I have been privileged to have been an active Blitz member since 2006 and have played and made friends with some of the best guys you'll ever want to meet! [:)]

So, if you have invested your hard earned money into various wargames... but are having difficulty finding ready PBeM opponents... or if you are simply looking for a club to hang out in and discuss wargames and related subjects... or have just read a great military book and want to write a review and discuss it... or try your hand at scenario design... or get involved in some other aspect of wargames... AND meet some of the best players and guys along the way... than look no further than The Blitz! (http://www.theblitz.org)

Welcome aboard! [8D] Kool Kat (Blitz CS Asst. Commander, CS H2H Custodian)

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Well said, Mike! People are surfing every minute, and stumble upon the Blitz and other clubs, sometimes by accident. It helps everyone to have new members, potential friends and new "enemies" to battle on the virtual field!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Well said, Mike! People are surfing every minute, and stumble upon the Blitz and other clubs, sometimes by accident. It helps everyone to have new members, potential friends and new "enemies" to battle on the virtual field!!

Hey Mike!

If not for the friendships and associations I've made over the years at the Blitz, I'd have given up playing wargames years ago!

Many thanks for your contributions sir - especially the Korean and K'talan mods! [&o]
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Mike is the man when it comes to modding anything related to JTCS! [&o]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

+100

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
&#8213; Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
AntoniChmielowski

Post by AntoniChmielowski »

+1000 from me !
noissy

Post by noissy »

-2000 from me ! [8D]
REGARDS
Peter

THE WARGAMERS CLUB FOR GENTLEMEN
(WGCG)
http://www.ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/

Quality is better than quantity !
OttoVonBlotto

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

You really are a nasty piece of work what's warhorse ever done to you. ?
"Personal isn't the same as important"
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

He's joshing guys, that's his sense of humor, it's all good!!![:D]

And thank you fellahs, it is as always, my pleasure to do what I can for this awesome series!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
OttoVonBlotto

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

If your happy it wasn't meant as it came across that's fine, sense of humor I never new he had one, he's kept it well hidden lately ?

Still he hasn't been listening to me so it will all go above his head anyway. [;)]
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Thanks for sticking up for me just the same Otto, appreciate it! We are good friends Peter and I, no ill was meant!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Ashcloud

Are you thrashing your AI relentlessly? Do you need a real challenge? Why not take on some real player opposition? Join the Blitz!

Here's my humble 0.02 for joining the Blitz:

- PBEM! While I enjoy a game against AI every now and then, there's nothing like a live opponent! Hawk Kriegsman was my tutor, oh boy there's nothing like receiving the turn via email, reading Hawk's typical "Germans doing little damage, thanx!" message on it, to only find out he's wiped out half my force. But always willing to recommend a strategy or optio for my up and coming turn. Thanx! Lately I've become really immersed in 3x3 team games. Being part of a larger team, and trying to figure out a common grand strategy just adds a new layer to gaming again. Great fun!

- Tournaments! Ashley, you especially have been instrumental in revitalising the tournament scene, my humble thanks for all your efforts there. Currently we have the last stages of the World in Flames tournament, where two teams of Axis and Allied have been battling it out with selected scenarios for each year of the war. 1945 is approaching, and the Axis team is finding themselves cornered after initial success. Hmmm, history repeating itself here? Other tourneys available as well, such as the Top Gun tournament, King of the Hill tournament, etc... Something for everyone, again adding a new dimension to plain PBEM playing.

- Lots of New Scenarios Being Made! New scenarios beoome available on a continuous manner, often the designer not only bringing a new scenario out but involving others with the real history behind the battle in question. H2H process has been revitalised as well, with mw / MrKK as the new custodian. Thanks Mike!

- Active Modding Society! Vanilla JTCS not really up to it you feel? Look no further! RD_DeathDealers Sound Mod, where he has replaced the vanilla sounds with real sounds from various audio and video recodings. Warhorse's Mods, and a ladder for them as well, including Korea and K'talan. Need advice? Look no further :)

- Good fun! Well I thought I would come up with five reasons, and was short one more. But it truly IS good fun to be a part of a community of kindred spirits.

Therefore: +1 from me as well
---
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

He's joshing guys, that's his sense of humor, it's all good!!![:D]

And thank you fellahs, it is as always, my pleasure to do what I can for this awesome series!!

Like a fart in church? He just had to do it?
It was totally inappropriate considering the surroundings. And, it stinks just as well.

He should keep his humor on his own club forum where all who read it there do understand that he is joking. Here and elsewhere he is seen as just an egotist loon and flaming git.

Shame that he feels he has post garbage on a good thread that gave you honors. You deserved better. And, he should have known that?

RR
&#8213; Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
OttoVonBlotto

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

While that is all true and it was probably inappropriate given the thread it was on.

It was I that miss read the intent of the post and jumped to conclusions.
So apologies to you both for the misunderstanding.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

I for one just about have had it with you two, RR and Noissy. Either one alone I have no problem with. You two together: fire and ice. It is an established fact that as long there's a living cell on either of you's body, neither of you will give in.

Take it off-line. Please. Seriously: please.

This thread is about listing good reasons for joining the Blitz. Here's my good reason #6:

- You won't see RR and Noissy at each other's throat there. It goes as an equal reason to join Noissy's club as well, of course.

RR, Noissy; if either one of you is offended by this: tough. Everyone else: it is true however [8D]

I've had it with this thread as well. I will now swallow my own medicine and revert back to the Blitz. See you there, old and new members alike! [:)]

And Noissy, for the third and final time: good luck with your new club as far as I am concerned. Just don't expect to see my membership request coming in any time soon. Gentleman? Hardly.

Bye.

---
noissy

Post by noissy »

Hey Crossroads,

You summed the situation pretty well matey!
Shame it puts you off joining but quite understand.
As for Gentlemen, I'm afraid when you have to deal
with dirt, you have to get dirty?
Unfortunately, some guys wouldn't get away with these
slanging matches at other sites, mine included but,
here it seems to be a case of anything goes.
Like you, I've had enough of this place. I'll advertise
my site and that's it. Shame certain guys just can't control
themselves when I do but, knowing them over the years, not
surprised they are acting like idiots, cos that's what they are!
REGARDS
Peter

THE WARGAMERS CLUB FOR GENTLEMEN
(WGCG)
http://www.ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/

Quality is better than quantity !

Return to “Opponents Wanted”