Victory Point Calculations

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

DeckelT

Victory Point Calculations

Post by DeckelT »

I think I posted this in the wrong place when I first put it in the AAR section, so I'm repeating it here. Sorry

I completed a Barbarosa campaign and had the VP screen show that the Soviets got 44 pts for NW Leningrad. I captured NW Leningrad on the 21st turn. How did the game come up with 44 points for the Soviets? According to my reading of the rules, the Soviets should have received 20 pts. 1 pt for each turn they held it and no points for holding it at the end of the game. In fact, most all of the VP calcs seem off when compared to the rule book description of how the points should be calculated. For example, all Moscow hexes were captured but the Soviets are getting more points than the number of turns the hexes were held. The Soviets are getting more points for cities than they seem to have earned.

Also, when looking at the points for casualties the Soviets seem to be getting more than they should. The Germans caused 2,930,167 casualties yet only got 29 points for doing that. The Germans suffered 531,998 casualties but gave up 53 points to the Soviets. There is a 1 in parenthesis next to the Soviet heading and a 10 next the German heading where the casualties totals are listed. How and why is that significant?

Am I missing something about how Victory Points are calculated or is the program making an error in calculating how many points to award?

cpt flam

RE: Victory Point Calculations

Post by cpt flam »

points for city are given after german turn AND russian turn so two times
for casualties seems that you need ten times more russians [:D]
DeckelT

RE: Victory Point Calculations

Post by DeckelT »

I now see that city points get added twice, and that the number next to the name is a fractional multiplier. IE. The 1 next the the Soviets means you multiply the points by .1 Thanks Capt Flam and Joe.

Return to “The War Room”