Any point in going for Riga on turn 1 after 1.05?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

moose1999

Any point in going for Riga on turn 1 after 1.05?

Post by moose1999 »

Just read the patch notes that after 1.05 it is not possible to use a captured port untill the next turn.
So would you experts out there still find it worthwhile to do the Riga Gambit even though you can't use the port right away?
regards,

Briny
Klydon

RE: Any point in going for Riga on turn 1 after 1.05?

Post by Klydon »

I would still take Riga. While the Germans can't use it, denying it to the Russians is also good along with preventing them from putting some troops in there. German infantry can't mount an assault on Riga without going across the river at least until turn 3, which means Riga will remain a thorn in the German flank. Sealift into Riga on turn 2 is still worthwhile.
Disgruntled Veteran

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

ORIGINAL: Klydon

I would still take Riga. While the Germans can't use it, denying it to the Russians is also good along with preventing them from putting some troops in there. German infantry can't mount an assault on Riga without going across the river at least until turn 3, which means Riga will remain a thorn in the German flank. Sealift into Riga on turn 2 is still worthwhile.

Im in my first mp game right now where Riga was fortified. I have attacked it relentlessly from the North side and it won't fall. My last attack had 5 fresh infantry divs with all the sapper support i could squeeze in...didnt even kill 500 troops. Terrible noob mistake. Take Riga asap.
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

Right, no doubt about it then.
I'll go for Riga right away.
Thanks!
regards,

Briny

Return to “The War Room”