War in the East v1.06.08 Public Beta

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Andrew Loveridge

War in the East v1.06.08 Public Beta

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello all,

We have a new version of the next update. You can get a beta version in the Members Club. It has a few changes since 1.06.05, as listed below. It works with Don to the Danube, if you have that installed.

V1.06.08 – May 1, 2012
    [b]Bug Fixes[/b] [ul] 1. Fixed a crash bug that occurred when scrolling the screen to the south edge of the map.
[/ul]
V1.06.07 – April 28, 2012
    New Features and Rule Changes[/b] [ul] 1. Improved the map redrawing routines which should speed up game play on slower systems.
Bug Fixes
    1. Fixed a bug where all units with a new TOE available would upgrade immediately, instead of it being a 20% chance per turn. We think this bug was introduced at some point in the past three months but we’re not sure exactly when. 2. Fixed a rare crash bug in the AI that could occur in a small map scenario when the lines were pushed to the edge of the map. 3. Fixed a bug in the AI causing it to warp units into a pocket near Leningrad. 4. Fixed a bug in the airborne drop loss function which was causing excessive losses to the airborne units.

V1.06.06 – April 4, 2012
    Bug Fixes[/b] [ul] 1. Made a change to the AI that eliminates some AI cheat moves out of positions in partial pockets that they should not be able to move out of. We still think there may be other unintended cheat moves remaining. If you see a situation that looks suspect and can provide a save just before the illegal move so we can repeat the move, please send it to [link=http://2by3@2by3games.com]2by3@2by3games.com[/link]. We would like to eliminate all of these cheat moves but there are many different AI functions so this can only be done via saves. The fix just made was possible because we had a player save that allowed us to repeat the problem.
Data and Scenario Changes
    Changes in Device, OB and Leader files 1. The 42 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 241) now upgrades to the 43 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 243); a new 43 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 270) has been added for use by scenario designers. Note that the 42 Separate Tank Battalion upgrade skips over the 42 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 242) allowing separate tank battalions and tank regiments to both exist in late 1942. 2. Revised the penetration of the American 75mm & 76mm guns (Devices 362, 363, 364 & 607). Increased the rate of fire of the following devices: 358, 362, 363, 364, 365, & 377. 3. Corrected the name of von Both (194) from Hans-Kuno von Both to Kuno-Hans von Both.
[/ul]
Schmart

RE: War in the East v1.06.06 Public Beta

Post by Schmart »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
1. The 42 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 241) now upgrades to the 43 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 243); a new 43 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 270) has been added for use by scenario designers. Note that the 42 Separate Tank Battalion upgrade skips over the 42 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 242) allowing separate tank battalions and tank regiments to both exist in late 1942.

[&o][&o][&o]

Thank you for this.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Schmart

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
1. The 42 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 241) now upgrades to the 43 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 243); a new 43 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 270) has been added for use by scenario designers. Note that the 42 Separate Tank Battalion upgrade skips over the 42 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 242) allowing separate tank battalions and tank regiments to both exist in late 1942.

[&o][&o][&o]

Thank you for this.

Andrew Loveridge

Yup. It had been a game-breaker up till now[:(]
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

By the way, the chance of paying 0 AP when reassigning a unit which would cost no more than 1AP doesn't seem to work.
The last few turns, I've been reassigning a lot of units at 1AP and I never had to pay nothing.
I'm playing as Russian, am I missing something?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

There is no chance of paying 0 AP. This was changed/fixed a couple of versions ago:

2. New Interface – When the auto assign button (or g hotkey) is used, a message will now appear if the Leader has made a successful leader role and reduced the AP expenditure. Per the item above, all transfers will now cost a minimum of 1 point.
5. Rule Correction (section 12.2) – The following sentence in the manual should be deleted as there is a minimum cost of 1 for any unit transfer: “A successful leader admin check that normally costs one point will reduce the admin cost of transferring that unit to zero.”

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

ok, I could have sworn it was in the read me for the previous beta...
Thanks for the clarification.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Erik Rutins

RE: War in the East v1.06.07 Public Beta

Post by Erik Rutins »

The new 1.06.07 Public Beta is now available. Please see the first post in this thread for the updated change list.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The new 1.06.08 Public Beta is now available. This fixes a serious bug with the 1.06.07 Public Beta. Please see the first post in this thread for the updated change list.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Playing as the Soviets and I am in December 1942 and I have all zones in the USSR as Blizzards with ice 10 and I am being very heavily attacked by the AI which is having a fair degree of success. This very unusual for the Axis AI blizzard zones.
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

There are no blizzard effects in December 1942. There is no reason the AI shouldn't be successful.
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”