War at Sea [CLOSED]

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

SailingGuy

War at Sea [CLOSED]

Post by SailingGuy »

Six player game. Two alliances of three players each...with a twist.

"War at Sea" highlights the necessity for different branches of the military to coordinate their actions.

Scenario set up:
XX Large World
6 Players in two Alliances
Water World
Use Resources
1 Town Start
Subtropic-Tropic
Fog of War
PBEM Protection
Passwords (write them down and share with your allies)

No Map Loop
No Shroud

Turn exchange via DropBox (PM me if you don't know how to use DropBox.)

After seeing the random initial set up, I will take position #1 and complete my first turn. I will determine which three positions are part of Alliance A and which three are part of Alliance B. Don't worry, I will be as fair as possible.[:)]

After determining the alliances, the other five players will be randomly assigned a position in the game. (Using my now famous dice server...make sure you PM me your actual email address.)

Each player will represent one branch of their alliance's military: army, navy, or air corps.

An individual player may build any unit he wishes, but he must give ships to the Navy player, aircraft to the Air Corps player, and ground forces to the Army player. (Except as noted below.)

A player (regardless of branch) may always produce and keep the following:
Army - any ground forces and cargo ships.
Navy - any ships, torpedo bombers, dive bombers, carrier fighters, staff, jeeps, and engineers. (May not keep ground based combat aircraft.)
Air Corp - any ground based combat aircraft (level bombers, dive bombers, fighters, strategic bombers), staff, jeeps, flak, and engineers. (May not keep naval aircraft: Torpedo bombers or carrier fighters.)

Note: Japanese Kamikazees may be kept by either the navy or the air corps. German V weapons may be kept only by the army.

The navy player is allowed to have three Divisions of marines. Each division may be no more than 100 stacking points. The name of the Divisions, when created by the navy player, should be noted as "1st Marine Division", "2nd Marine Division", and "3rd Marine Division". Marine Divisions may be composed of any type of land unit (exception: not V Weapons).

All players may expend production on resources and political points. All players may build and keep transport units: trains, trucks, horses, and air transports.

Example: The Navy commander builds ground based fighters to protect his newly built Shipyard. He creates a Divisional counter, transfers the fighters into that counter, and gives that counter to his Air Corps commander ally.

At the beginning of the game players will not know their role (army, navy, or air corps) within their alliance. Before the start of turn two, each alliance will need to determine among themselves which of their players will take each role within the alliance. This should be announced on this forum.

Signed up so far:
SailingGuy
Kraftwerk
hatemf90
derstralle
ironduke1955

Post here if you wish to join the game.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
Krafty

RE: War at Sea [RECRUITING]

Post by Krafty »

Im in, should be a quick moving game as there wont be much land. Ive been meaning to hone my naval skills!
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

sign me up
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
derstralle

Post by derstralle »

ORIGINAL: SailingGuy
Navy - any ships, torpedo bombers, dive bombers, carrier fighters, staff, jeeps, and engineers. (May not keep ground based combat aircraft.)
Air Corp - any ground based combat aircraft (level bombers, dive bombers, fighters, strategic bombers), staff, jeeps, and engineers. (May not keep naval aircraft: Torpedo bombers or carrier fighters.)
I hope I understand this correctly, but to clarify: the "(regardless of branch)" seems misplaced here? [&:]

Anyway: a very nice idea. I would be happy to partake. [:)]
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

ORIGINAL: derstralle

ORIGINAL: SailingGuy
Air Corp - any ground based combat aircraft (level bombers, dive bombers, fighters, strategic bombers), staff, jeeps, and engineers. (May not keep naval aircraft: Torpedo bombers or carrier fighters.)
I hope I understand this correctly, but to clarify: the "(regardless of branch)" seems misplaced here? [&:]

Anyway: a very nice idea. I would be happy to partake. [:)]

To clarify. A player will be part of an alliance of three players. He will control one branch of that alliance's military: army, navy, or air corps.

Any player can produce land, naval, and air units. But if you are the "army" player and produce a battleship, you must give that ship to the "navy" player.

I hope this helps.

Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I have dropbox and know how use it. prefer Navy or Airforce Army have to get there boots muddy. Joking not concerned with branch allocated

Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

derstralle

Post by derstralle »

@ SailingGuy: That's how I understood it. Was just a little confused by the fact that you started a list of branch-specific units with "regardless of branch".
Nevermind! [;)]
Krafty

Post by Krafty »

I assume there can be a small amount of aircraft sharing amongst the forces, for carrier aircraft, and transport planes for the army.

edit:

Oh I noticed the limits posted.

I have a question or two still. What about AA guns for the airforce/navy, transport planes for the army, and stationing of torpedo and carrier fighters at land bases for range, or for training (as I personally let things XP go up a turn or two before using them in battle)

I guess also for artillery/coastal guns for the navy, also who gets paratroopers, and marines?
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Flak Units for the Airforce ?
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Krafty

Post by Krafty »

Protect your airfields?

edit, maybe this is something the players can argue about like in real life haha, I mean I just immediately assume that production, which can be hit by bombs, falls directly under the air forces jurisdiction, not to mention preventing the cratering and attacks against their airfields.

SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

ORIGINAL: Kraftwerk
Protect your airfields?

I added flak to the game description as an allowable unit for the Air Corp player. I think the rest are covered.

Shore batteries/coastal defense fall under the purview of the army.

We need our 6th player!
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

still waiting for the 6th? lol..
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

ORIGINAL: hatemf90
still waiting for the 6th? lol..

If that doesn't happen soon, maybe we start the game as a five player with no alliances.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

I'm beginning to think we are not going to get that sixth player.

What do you think about starting with five? Same parameters. Free-for-all. No alliances allowed. Fight to the last man standing.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Sounds good to me lets get it started.

derstralle

Post by derstralle »

Not as interesting as the initial idea but still good.
Krafty

Post by Krafty »

Yeah sounds good, we'll give the "branch" idea another go when this games completed, maybe have some better luck.
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

OK. I'm going to get the random numbers from the dice server to set up our turn order.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

Dice results...

"SailingGuy" philfry@juno.com, first listing = 925
"derstralle" marcel244@gmx.net, second listing = 467
"hatemf90" coldfire_tow@hotmail.com, third listing = 888
"Kraftwerk" war_in_84@comcast.net, fourth listing = 266
"ironduke1955", fifth listing = 205

Turn order as follows:
SailingGuy
hatemf90
derstralle
Kraftwerk
ironduke1955
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

OK. I will set up the game and open up the DropBox for us to use.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley

Return to “Opponents Wanted”