UNFREEZE UNITS...

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

ajarnlance

UNFREEZE UNITS...

Post by ajarnlance »

I want to launch a winter offensive against France in 1940 but I am hampered by all of my frozen units (frozen by the computer not by the cold!). Is there a way to 'mod out' the frozen units? Has anyone managed to do this? Maybe this could be included as an option in the start up menu in a future patch. What do you think Doomtrader?
"Resistance is futile" Locutus of Borg (aka Picard).
doomtrader

RE: UNFREEZE UNITS...

Post by doomtrader »

This is the price for historicity the game a little bit and to prevent a gamey behaviors.
But you can very easy mod this.

Just go to your save game folder.
Open land_units.csv file, find the units with the names you are interested and edit entry in column S, called Freeze time. Time is displayed in turns.
ajarnlance

Post by ajarnlance »

Thanks for the tip. It would also be nice to have this as an option in a future version of the game.
"Resistance is futile" Locutus of Borg (aka Picard).
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

You should know that the German units will unfreeze if the French will try to advance.
JLPOWELL

Post by JLPOWELL »

Sorry to say doom but frozen units are just plain silly[X(] and more gamey than what they prevent. Most of the USSR army is frozen in some scenarios. There are plenty of other ways to prevent gamey actions. Putting some consequences in place for actions the designers wish to prevent (political economic or combat effectiveness) for example. BTW Plenty of gamey things can be done BECAUSE of the frozen units surrounding a strong frozen unit in a city with weak units for example. I have had to destruct many of these albatrosses just to get them out of the way or to put an effective defender in place.
"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader
This is the price for historicity the game a little bit and to prevent a gamey behaviors.
But you can very easy mod this.

Just go to your save game folder.
Open land_units.csv file, find the units with the names you are interested and edit entry in column S, called Freeze time. Time is displayed in turns.

That's useful to know, I also would like to adjust some of frozen units in some scenarios, thanks.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Design and Modding”