Problem with random campaign generator and PaK 36 Mobile

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

ARB

Problem with random campaign generator and PaK 36 Mobile

Post by ARB »

I've had the game a few days and have played the tutorial and bootcamp campaign with no problems. However, I've just tried to start the 1st Panzer Div 1941 short random campaign and I got this error message:

Error (019): Unknown Unit Type 'PaK 36 Mobile' in Battle File

This was then followed by the following:

Error (013): Unable to generate random battle 'German Summer 41 (Att) - 1st Pzr Div'

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a solution? I have the 329c beta installed over version 327.
Antony Barlow
rickier65

RE: Problem with random campaign generator and PaK 36 Mobile

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: ARB

I've had the game a few days and have played the tutorial and bootcamp campaign with no problems. However, I've just tried to start the 1st Panzer Div 1941 short random campaign and I got this error message:

Error (013): Unable to generate random battle 'German Summer 41 (Att) - 1st Pzr Div'

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a solution? I have the 329c beta installed over version 327.

The 329c Beta Patch added mobile small PaKs to Random Battles. It should also have included the PaK 36 Mobile unit. Let me check.

thanks
rick

ARB

Post by ARB »

I should add that I'm using the full infantry squads mod. I wonder if there is an incompatability in one of these modded files?
Antony Barlow
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Rick

The 329c Beta Patch added mobile small PaKs to Random Battles. It should also have included the PaK 36 Mobile unit. Let me check.

thanks
rick

I just check my version of the 329c Beta Patch Installation and I show the following units in the folder Data\Infantry: (I sorted the folder by date.). Those files in the red rectangle should have been installed with the 329c patch (mine were at least). Those files actually use other folders and files added by the patch as well. It is probably too large to attach to a msg.

It appears your 329 Beta patch might not have completed correctly. We could probably get you those files, but there might be other files that did not get updated as well.

Can you try reinstalling the patch? Or uninstalling PCO and reinstalling. Then reinstalling the patch? I'm not sure what would result in a partial install without giving some erro msgs. though.

Thanks
rick

Attachments
mobile inf  AT list.jpg
mobile inf AT list.jpg (147.07 KiB) Viewed 145 times
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I should add that I'm using the full infantry squads mod. I wonder if there is an incompatability in one of these modded files?

If you used JSGME to install the full Infantry squad mod, then try deactivating it. There may be a problem with using that mod. I'm not sure. junk2drive might have more knowledge.

Thanks
rick
ARB

Post by ARB »

Thank you so much for your quick response and help.

Ah, yes. I do have those files installed. I am using JSGME so I tried deactivating the mod and now the random campaign loads perfectly. The xml files for that gun type seem to be older in the mod package than in the latest patch and they seem to refer to infantry type='PaK 36' rather than infantry type='PaK 36 Mobile' Perhaps just a quick edit to one or two file is necessary but I don't fully understand how this all works so haven't experimented. I do like the full squads mod though. It greatly adds to the sense of immersion for me.
Antony Barlow
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Glad to help, thanks for letting me know what the problem was. I think i've seen szartur still around these forum, so he might be able to give you some ideas about what you would need to do to make them work.

Thakns
Rick

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I would wait for the "official" update just in case something makes it into the betas that changes things again.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ARB

Post by ARB »

I have duplicated my full squads/teams mod folder and in this duplicated renamed version I have removed the files which are causing problems (i.e. the PaK 36 related files). So now I can activate the mod with JSGME without the problems described above. Thanks again for the help guys.

Is the implementation of full squads/teams under consideration for a future patch?
Antony Barlow
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I have duplicated my full squads/teams mod folder and in this duplicated renamed version I have removed the files which are causing problems (i.e. the PaK 36 related files). So now I can activate the mod with JSGME without the problems described above. Thanks again for the help guys.

Is the implementation of full squads/teams under consideration for a future patch?

I don't expect to see it in a patch. It is something we will probably look at in the next game in the series though. Using the full squads mod puts a fair bit of strain on computer resources.

Thanks
rick

Return to “Tech Support”