Scenario: Home Before the Leaves Fall

Post advice on tactics and strategies here; share your experience on how to become a better wargamer.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Champagne

Scenario: Home Before the Leaves Fall

Post by Champagne »

With regard to the Belgian Liege forts: the best way to eliminate them is to bombard with heavy artillery turn after turn? Is support by ground assault advisable?

Thanks.
Only the dead have seen the end of War.

-- Plato
ColinWright

RE: Scenario: Home Before the Leaves Fall

Post by ColinWright »

ORIGINAL: Champagne

With regard to the Belgian Liege forts: the best way to eliminate them is to bombard with heavy artillery turn after turn? Is support by ground assault advisable?

Thanks.

As a rule, for a bombardment to be particularly effective, it should be supported by ground assault. Things might be different here -- but I don't see why.
I am not Charlie Hebdo
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Thanks.
As Herr Wright already mentioned, best effect when combined with a ground assault; preferrably with a flanking bonus. Otherwise the effect, even with the 'Big Bertha'from Krupp, is like trying to crack open a coconut with a Q-tip...

Make sure the AD and MRPB are adjusted to v3.4; not sure if Todd (love his WW1 scenarios) adjusted it already.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Champagne

Post by Champagne »

I'm sorry, but, could you explain the AD and MPRB comments? I am unfamiliar with these terms, but, I do have version 3.4 installed. I am a noob with this game, tho I have owned it for a long time.

-- Plato
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

I'm sorry, but, could you explain the AD and MPRB comments? I am unfamiliar with these terms, but, I do have version 3.4 installed. I am a noob with this game, tho I have owned it for a long time.
AD = Attrition Divider - see tm.asp?m=1860164&mpage=2&key=%EF%BF%BD

MRPB = Maximum Rounds Per Battle - see http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread. ... light=MRPB

The AD I would use 14 and the MRPB set to 4 (the same they did for Race to the Sea).

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Champagne

Post by Champagne »

Thanks, Oberst.

By the way, I checked out Gefechtstand, and, it is an excellent website.

-- Plato

Return to “The War Room”