what type of subs do you purchase?

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

gwgardner

what type of subs do you purchase?

Post by gwgardner »

I waver between the cheaper coastal sub and the standard. Early on I figured that even though the coastal sub would sink with one hit, it was cost effective if it could stay at sea for even a couple or three turns. But now I've gone more to the standard sub, which can take a hit without sinking, figuring that the likelihood of two hits in one turn is low, so I should be able to keep that type of sub afloat for many turns (with repairs).

On the other hand, for the cost of repairs, I could just build another coastal sub.

Perhaps there should be a substantive advantage of one type of sub over another.

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
gwgardner

RE: what type of subs do you purchase?

Post by gwgardner »

bump

Chocolino

Post by Chocolino »

Didn't want to state an opinion since I am kind of biased because of our ongoing game. But when looking at build time and cost then it appears that regular subs are about 2.5 times more expensive and about the same factor longer to build than coastal subs. In exchange they have 2.0 times the hit points. Given the hassle and cost of repair I would argue in favor of coastal submarines since most of the convoy routes pass through coastal seas anyways at the beginning of the campaign (in the Med and around UK / France / Portugal).

But maybe I am missing some other stats differences that are not obvious such as how successful the different subs types are at detection of enemy vessels, interception of convoys etc. Couldn't find this in the manual either. Would be nice to get some complete unit statistics.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I used the coastal to great advantage.. built and deployed in groups they are fairly cost effective.. always used 3-5
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Time of Fury”