Unit losses question on counter question

Post advice on tactics and strategies here; share your experience on how to become a better wargamer.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

demyansk

Unit losses question on counter question

Post by demyansk »

I am playing the Operation Blau scenario PBEM and I am the Soviets.

By the way, most of my units go back to the 1 dot minimize losses, how do I make the 2 dots the default on the counter?

I want to keep the units at this level for the most part.

Thanks
shunwick

RE: Unit losses question on counter question

Post by shunwick »

demjansk,

There are three ways of changing the orders emphasis .

1. Select the unit and press the L key. This will cycle through the settings.

2. Right click on the unit and select Orders Limit Losses from the menu. This will give you the option of setting the unit in question or all the units in the stack.

3. Bring up the unit report (a number of ways to do this but select the unit and press U will do it) and change the Orders Emphasis setting at the lower right-hand corner of that display.

Whatever you set will remain the active orders emphasis unless the unit is forced to retreat in which case it will automatically go to minimise losses (1 dot) and you will need to set the orders emphasis again.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
demyansk

RE: Unit losses question on counter question

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Steve for the info, yes I do know how how to make it two dots but I didn't know about the retreat to one dot. It just seems on this scenario that my units revert to one dot. However, as you said I guess it will stay as two dots if I keep it that way.

thanks again,

Return to “The War Room”