Two newbie questions

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

morelyn

Two newbie questions

Post by morelyn »

1. When you discover a colony ship belonging to a race other than yours that can, say, colonize a desert planet whereas your race can't yet, will the quality of prospective desert planets shown in the Expansion Planner and elsewhere be quality relative to your original race or to the race of the newly discovered colony ship?

2. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I haven't seen it set out anywhere in print: that blue circle with the incomprehensible white icon that often appears to the upper right of colonies...it stands for a point where you can refuel, right? And by the way, what is that icon supposed to be? [:)]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Howard Mitchell

RE: Two newbie questions

Post by Howard Mitchell »

1. Quality is quality, it's not race specific. The expansion planner will now show potential desert colonies you couldn't colonise before but can do with the acquired colony ship only.
2. Yup, it's fuel and I think it's meant to be a barrel of fuel. (Good to know hydrogen comes in barrels!)
While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”