Suddenly, I have a bad rep!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

hEad

Suddenly, I have a bad rep!

Post by hEad »

Was wondering if anyone could help me with this please.

Playing humans and fairly early in the game the Sluken declare war on me. I have had numerous battles, raided hard and got up to all sorts of mischief with my spys. To my knowledge i have done nothing unsavory to the other empires but my reputation stands at nasty.

Why is this so? Is it becasue of my heavy spy use on the Sluken? Even if we are at war, will this still reduce my rep?

I have one independent planet which i invaded but the rep hit for that was minimal...

Any theories?
Theluin

RE: Suddenly, I have a bad rep!

Post by Theluin »

It's because of spying. Even when at war you loose rep when one of your spies is captured or detected.
hEad

Post by hEad »

Thought so. Tis a bit of a bummer for the humans seeing as their specialty is spying.

Thanks Theluin!
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Now that is one thing that should not happen. In peace time, espionage is a big deal, and you should take a hit.
But during war? OF COURSE you are going to send agents...

I wonder if there is a way to code that out...
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”