Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated!

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Erik Rutins

Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Advanced Tactics: Gold Is Updated!
Many fixes and a new unit type is now ready for action

Arlington, VT, February 7th, 2012 – Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and VR Designs (www.vrdesigns.nl) are pleased to announce the release of the comprehensive 2.10 update for their acclaimed strategy game, Advanced Tactics: Gold. This new update contains mainly bug fixes as well as a new unit type (the Jeep), but also includes the many improvements, tweaks and fixes from previous updates.

Remember to also get your new free Advanced Tactics: Gold Strategy Guide, located at this link.

Erik Rutins, Director of Product Development at Matrix Games, said “Advanced Tactics: Gold is a powerful wargame construction kit that every grognard should own. Very satisfying gameplay, including advanced and realistic modeling of many wargame concepts, while offering near infinite replayability and both historical, random and casual scenarios, it has something for every wargamer and fits every schedule and budget!”

Building off of the enormous success of Advanced Tactics: World War II, the Gold edition gives players a more powerful game editor, much improved random game engine, many new features and abilities, and more. Advanced Tactics: Gold also comes with an updated manual and ever-changing and expanding wiki, a freshly revamped scenario bank, new graphics throughout the game, more troop types, as well as some new scenarios. VR Designs has also been hard at working listening to player feedback, so Advanced Tactics: Gold also comes with many incremental changes and improvements based on community feedback!

But perhaps the most exciting feature in Advanced Tactics: Gold is the near limitless potential for replayability. The strong mod community will be able to create engaging, rich scenarios with the vastly improved editor, and players looking to hop straight into the action can enjoy a much improved random game experience that comes with many new rules, actions, and gameplay mechanics.

Owners of Advanced Tactics: World War II will receive a $15 discount off the price of Advanced Tactics: Gold! Follow this link to obtain your discount code.

Just a few of the many features include:

• Versatile Engine – The Advanced Tactics: Gold engine is capable of modeling a wide variety of warfare from historical and modern battles to science fiction conflicts and warring fantasy realms!
• Improved Scenario Editor – The scenario editor is very powerful and allows the player to edit almost any aspect of the game in great detail.
• Expanded Random Game Mode – Many new features and game mechanics like more unit types, unit fuel, climates and seasons, and more.
• Many incremental improvements based on community feedback
• A whole lot more!

Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of Advanced Tactics: Gold to 2.10. Get more information on Advanced Tactics: Gold from its official product page.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
stone10

RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated!

Post by stone10 »

Is there any difference between this patch and 2.10beta?
dominickpa

Post by dominickpa »

The download file is still called 2.10b? I could not find a jeep in the beta version or this one, so where is it?
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I doubt that there is any difference. To this point not a single patch release has differed from the beta.
ORIGINAL: stone10

Is there any difference between this patch and 2.10beta?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

In the 'vehicles' category: it is there in the beta and in the final. I've been using it in my games since it was introduced.
ORIGINAL: dominickpa

The download file is still called 2.10b? I could not find a jeep in the beta version or this one, so where is it?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
dominickpa

Post by dominickpa »

All I see are halftracks in the vehicle production options.
budd

Post by budd »

I just checked and i dont see any jeep either, in production screen or in the research screen.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Jeeps are working fine for me.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

It is there. You two must have corrupted installs or either you are looking for it in a saved game started with a previous version. You will not see it until you start a new game with 2.10b.
ORIGINAL: **budd**

I just checked and i dont see any jeep either, in production screen or in the research screen.

Attachments
WHKM117.jpg
WHKM117.jpg (71.34 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Any word on a new update (patch) for ATG? I know that there are at least 2 or 3 issues that Vic was going to address. On the one year anniversary of ATG's release this is the perfect time for another patch, perhaps one that adds a new feature or two. A status update on possible plans for another edition (Platinum?) would be most welcome as well.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”