Insane Construction Ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Satrell

Insane Construction Ships

Post by Satrell »

Hello Everyone!

I just recently got this game and for the most part, I'm loving it!

It's glitchy, the performance is horrible tbh... still, it fondly reminds me of the days/weeks I sank into games like GalCiv2.

Apart from the poor performance, especially in the late game.., I am mostly good.

The new Beta patch 17.0.10 patch really improved my stability and a whole lot of other things, and the option to limit colonization ranges is AWESOME!

In the same light, I wonder, could you guys implement a similar range option for construction vessels? I usually queue up my "core" systems with build orders quite heavily, but too often do I find my constructors being 10-12 sectors away from my nearest colony trying to "repair" abandoned ships or some such non-sense.

The option to limit their "automatic" repair/construction ranges would solve a lot of gripes for me, and maybe quite a few others.

And while were at it, please implement an "repair" button on abandoned ships, so you could just queue up this orders just like you can with your own ships.

Thank you in advance, and I hope the two of you will continue on improving on what is already a very entertaining game for me!
gameplayer2012

RE: Insane Construction Ships

Post by gameplayer2012 »

I second this, my construction ships wondering off to the other side of the universe to build a gas mining station right next to a enemy territory and getting destroyed each few minutes is not helpful.

:D
Theluin

Post by Theluin »

I think we should have a checkbox in empire settings that tells constructors to build only in you territory. I avoid getting friendly with any AI just so it won't give me mining rights and all my construction ships don't fly off and build a base on every unoccupied planet that AI has while 90% of planets in my territory don't have anything on them.
Arcatus

Post by Arcatus »

ORIGINAL: Theluin

I think we should have a checkbox in empire settings that tells constructors to build only in you territory. I avoid getting friendly with any AI just so it won't give me mining rights and all my construction ships don't fly off and build a base on every unoccupied planet that AI has while 90% of planets in my territory don't have anything on them.

Agreed!
Paul1984

Post by Paul1984 »

Or how about another option - build only in own/neutral territory?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”