Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube Announced!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

SeanD

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube Announced!

Post by SeanD »

The War in the East just got bigger and better with this exciting new expansion!

We are thrilled to announce Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube, an expansion to the grand strategy masterpiece War in the East! Now gamers can enjoy this award winning wargame engine across many new scenarios and battles!

Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube will be released later this month and will be available for $14.99 Download / $24.99 Physical through the Matrix Games online store.

About Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube

The critically and fan acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945). Don to the Danube and the War in the East system gives players unprecedented control over pivotal operations in the Second World War like Operation Uranus, the encirclement of the 6th German Army at Stalingrad, the Cherkassy Pocket and much more. Don to the Danube also takes full advantage of the hefty number of new features and rule changes that come with the massive 1.06.00 update and incorporates a full new Editor manual as well.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube is an expansion for War in the East and requires the base game to play.

Get more information on Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube from its official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
gids

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube Announced!

Post by gids »

o yea....
FB jacky heusequin
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

I'm only buying it if the axis player can now have some more control on production, ToE, and support unit construction. Otherwise, WitE is already big enough for me and I'll save my money for that later expansion when/if it comes.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: jzardos

I'm only buying it if the axis player can now have some more control on production, ToE, and support unit construction. Otherwise, WitE is already big enough for me and I'll save my money for that later expansion when/if it comes.

Can we expect anything other then more Red babysitting?

Hopefully they atleast fixed the spam bombing and spam attacking.

It is a wite is cash cow, I cant be the only one that saw this coming 3 months ago heheh cha ching

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
76mm

Post by 76mm »

So it sounds like this is just new scenarios?
Wild

Post by Wild »

delete

jazman

Post by jazman »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

So it sounds like this is just new scenarios?

Scenario List:
Battle for Kharkov 1942 (12 May - 22 June 1942 - 6 turns)
Operation Sturgeon Catch 1942 (2 June - 3 August 1942 - 9 turns)
Case Blue Phase I (28 June - 18 July 1942 - 3 turns)
Operation Uranus 1942 (19 November - 30 December 1942 - 6 turns)
Operation Kutuzov-Rumyantsev (5 July - 29 August 1943 - 8 turns)
Cherkassy Pocket 1944 (24 January - 5 March 1944 - 6 turns)
Red Army Resurgent (19 November 1942 - 17 March 1943 - 17 turns)
Decision in the Ukraine (24 September 1943 - 4 May 1944 - 32 turns)
Retreat from Leningrad (22 June 1944 - 3 January 1945 - 28 turns)
Drama on the Danube (20 August 1944 - 5 May 1945 - 37 turns
BS, MS, PhD, WitP:AE, WitE, WitW
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

Any chance of additional Grand Campaign starting points? I think there's a lot of opportunity there:

* 1941 GC that starts on "turn 2", similar to WITP's Dec 8 1941 start
* 1941 GC that starts sometime around Operation Typhoon (18 turns in?)
* 1942 GC that starts sometime around March or earlier, allowing the German player to plan his offensive without being committed to Fall Blau
* 1942-1943 GC that starts during Wintergewitter
* 1943 GC that starts earlier in the year, before the massive build-up and commitment to Zitadelle
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

It is a wite is cash cow, I cant be the only one that saw this coming 3 months ago heheh cha ching

But please! It is so dreary with this complaining attitude! I certainly do not begrudge the team that created this great game to make some money on their hard work! And I am grateful for all the fantastic support they offer for this game, even though not all changes cater to my pet peeves!
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

I've been playing Decision in the Ukraine and have had a look at Drama on the Danube. They are FANTASTIC scenario's to play. The other bonus with them being shorter and smaller scenarios is they take less time ti play compared to a GC = handy for a spare 30 mins you may have!
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

I might buy this, as it is only the scenarios that I will ever play in WiTE, the Grand Campaign is too impractical at this scale.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Hi Rasputitsa - just be aware you need WitE base game to play these as well.....
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Hermann

Post by Hermann »

I'll buy it. Don't sell the German short they can be extremely effective if played properly. Remember the games going into European scale and has been a work in progress for some time. Let's concentrate on enjoying the game we have and finding and ponting out the bugs before overloading the developers with more demands. The games an operational level campaign at this stage in it's current stage of developement, and as such it's extremely effective as a historical model. insisting on strategic level flexibility is jumping the gun in my opinion. Remember this is Gary Grigsby were dealing with here. Guy knows his stuff and how to go about it. Just give him time and let him make a few dollars for his trouble. I'll buy this and any future expansion. It's the least I can do to be allowed to play a game that actually gets updated realtime according to player feedback.
gids

Post by gids »

+1
im not a fan for some of the workings on Both german and soviet side(all discussions aside),but in the end they are limited still to Computercode,so live with it ,im a huge fan of it,because its a dreamgame made with lots of effort and time and attention of detail
so yes il buy the expansion
FB jacky heusequin
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

ORIGINAL: Pelton

But please! It is so dreary with this complaining attitude! I certainly do not begrudge the team that created this great game to make some money on their hard work! And I am grateful for all the fantastic support they offer for this game, even though not all changes cater to my pet peeves!

No one really or very few care about scenario's. Its the carebear packages that get handed to the Russian side as per the normal 2by3 standard MO that matters to most players and what has turned off 100's from playing this game.

At some point I would hope that 2by3 stops this sillyness, it just makes them look really bad and is what will doom witw and wie in the future.

On one wants to play a game that is some carebear heaven for one side and jail time for the other.

Pelton
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Are you feeling ok today Pelton?[8D]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
HappyHedonist

Post by HappyHedonist »

I thought MMO forums were bad...

I'm all over this.  After having put the game away for a while, some smaller scenarios better suited for PBEM is just the thing to get me playing again.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Pelton, If you don't like it, don't buy the expansion pack and don't play the game!
Tony
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

[&o]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Just to make sure the question is clearly answered in this thread as well: the scenario disk just contains new scenarios, it doesn't contain any special .exe with additional features or the like.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”