Some questions from a beginning player

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

robc04_1

Some questions from a beginning player

Post by robc04_1 »

1) I am not familiar with different military equipment. I know the basics of mortar is effective vs infantry, anti tank weapons vs tanks, etc, but I have no idea what a 75 MM FeldKanone (although I can see it looks like field cannon). Should I probably click through all my troops at the start of a scenario and look at the stats of each piece of equipment to figure out what has good hard / soft attacks, etc? Is that overkill, since I could look at the name and if I see Panzerbuckse I can assume it is good against armor?

2) When you start a scenario, do you examine each division to see what role it might be good at based on its troops and equipment?

3) Does anyone know what the dashes on the right of some nato symbols are? I see sone infantry divisions with 1, 2, or 3. I think I read it somewhere or saw it in the tutorial but now I can find it.

I really wish the manual did a better job at explaining the system.

Thanks
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
WilliePete

RE: Some questions from a beginning player

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: robc04

1) I am not familiar with different military equipment. I know the basics of mortar is effective vs infantry, anti tank weapons vs tanks, etc, but I have no idea what a 75 MM FeldKanone (although I can see it looks like field cannon). Should I probably click through all my troops at the start of a scenario and look at the stats of each piece of equipment to figure out what has good hard / soft attacks, etc? Is that overkill, since I could look at the name and if I see Panzerbuckse I can assume it is good against armor?

2) When you start a scenario, do you examine each division to see what role it might be good at based on its troops and equipment?

3) Does anyone know what the dashes on the right of some nato symbols are? I see sone infantry divisions with 1, 2, or 3. I think I read it somewhere or saw it in the tutorial but now I can find it.

I really wish the manual did a better job at explaining the system.

Thanks

It's been a while since your post, so I'll take a quick shot at answering your questions. Questions 1&2 are basically the same, and the answer is yes, do look over and examine your troops. I wouldn't be anal about checking every stat, but make sure that you familiarize yourself with what types and numbers of troops you have and where there are located on the map.

The dashes you inquired about on question three mark which Infantry regiment of the division it is. Infantry divisions have three regiments and the panzer divisions have one infantry regiment.
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”