Aircraft transfer

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mikkey

Aircraft transfer

Post by mikkey »

Hi, if I want transfer aircraft in Australia I see the symbol "-r" and "-R". In manual is described "-r" as railroad transfer. But what is "-R" and Range "-2 days"? Thanks.

Attachments
WitpAETransfer.jpg
WitpAETransfer.jpg (64.94 KiB) Viewed 192 times
SireChaos

RE: Aircraft transfer

Post by SireChaos »

I think one means "rail transfer", the other "highway transfer", and the days show how long the whole thing will take - 1 days means the group will arrive the next turn, 2 days the turn after that.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

-r is normal rail movement
-R indicates long distance non-rail movement. This will normally mean that it will go "off-map" and come back in the reinforcement queue with the 'days' delay.
Michael
sdevault

Post by sdevault »

How/what/where is that alternative graphic package with the island scenery backdrop and icon?
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Some info here ... should check out the modders section
tm.asp?m=2405660
ORIGINAL: sdevault

How/what/where is that alternative graphic package with the island scenery backdrop and icon?
sdevault

Post by sdevault »

Thanks...Right over my head though....

So you're from Brisbane and at Fusan? Thanks for the tutorial vids btw.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Thanks...Right over my head though....

Sorry about that ... I hope that someone comes along and tells you of a better thread. I don't use an Art mod so am a little out of the loop. The modders section is best to look for info though. I'd start a thread there - if I were you ...
So you're from Brisbane and at Fusan? Thanks for the tutorial vids btw.
Yeah - Grew up in Brisbane although born in the UK. Live in Fusan teaching at a local Uni (IT/Engineering & English)

It's been a bugger of a semester (just ending) and WitpTracker takes up a fair bit of time too - so I hope to get some more video's done in Feb - but thanks for the compliment.

Cheers
sdevault

Post by sdevault »

Not to hijack the thread but - How is the real mood there with the North having a change?
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Not to hijack the thread but - How is the real mood there with the North having a change?
Busan is probably a little different to Seoul (being on the front line so to speak) but as the SthKorean people have been living with this for most of their lives they just go about their business as if nothing is happening.

I'm sure at the top levels and along the DMZ things are different, but for the public - it's situation normal. Sure there is a little more worry and uncertainty about the near future but they think that things will pretty much remain the same. There may be instability in the coming months and the chance that Little Kim will try to assert some power with an act of defiance but they'll take that in their stride too. As I tell my parents, the news you get seems to be a lot more sensational than the mood of the people or situation here.

For my part I think that wet behind the ears Kim will take over but have to share a bit more of that power with his family and others of the military elite. The coming months will be interesting and only marred if he needs to placate some of the hard liners. (No I don't doubt he is of their ilk too).

There is no doubt in my mind though having lived here for years & talked to literally 1000's of people that the World does not want this conflict to ever weaponize. While Koreans on the street might seem to be complacent about this, if there developed a situation of tit for tat that escalated - The single minded, fervent ,patriotic nature of the hostilities would end both countries. Lose-Lose is a common thread in daily life here ...And I mean there would be extermination on a scale never seen before. Ever.

I've been through a variety of tense situations, the sinking of the Patrol Boat and nuclear tests. These were much more talking points than this. And even in those situations - the world would have been amazed by the quiet calm of the people here. Like battering down before the storm. It is quiet resilience.

Actually, just as a side-bar - when I first came here and the air raid sirens went off (it was a test) I thought - damn I've just got here and I'm toast. But as I looked out onto the streets people were going about normally - I hope that "Cry wolf" never becomes real.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

So to sum up - Kim Jong Il's death has meant no noticeable change ...
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

-r is normal rail movement
-R indicates long distance non-rail movement. This will normally mean that it will go "off-map" and come back in the reinforcement queue with the 'days' delay.
michalem, thanks for clarifications
Grfin Zeppelin

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

ORIGINAL: n01487477
Busan is probably a little different to Seoul (being on the front line so to speak) but as the SthKorean people have been living with this for most of their lives they just go about their business as if nothing is happening.

I'm sure at the top levels and along the DMZ things are different, but for the public - it's situation normal. Sure there is a little more worry and uncertainty about the near future but they think that things will pretty much remain the same. There may be instability in the coming months and the chance that Little Kim will try to assert some power with an act of defiance but they'll take that in their stride too. As I tell my parents, the news you get seems to be a lot more sensational than the mood of the people or situation here.

For my part I think that wet behind the ears Kim will take over but have to share a bit more of that power with his family and others of the military elite. The coming months will be interesting and only marred if he needs to placate some of the hard liners. (No I don't doubt he is of their ilk too).

There is no doubt in my mind though having lived here for years & talked to literally 1000's of people that the World does not want this conflict to ever weaponize. While Koreans on the street might seem to be complacent about this, if there developed a situation of tit for tat that escalated - The single minded, fervent ,patriotic nature of the hostilities would end both countries. Lose-Lose is a common thread in daily life here ...And I mean there would be extermination on a scale never seen before. Ever.

I've been through a variety of tense situations, the sinking of the Patrol Boat and nuclear tests. These were much more talking points than this. And even in those situations - the world would have been amazed by the quiet calm of the people here. Like battering down before the storm. It is quiet resilience.

Actually, just as a side-bar - when I first came here and the air raid sirens went off (it was a test) I thought - damn I've just got here and I'm toast. But as I looked out onto the streets people were going about normally - I hope that "Cry wolf" never becomes real.

Thanks alot for writing this, I am a very curious person and imo there is no substitute for news from people acualy being there.

mikkey

Post by mikkey »

sdevault, icons can be downloaded from AE WITP unit insignia bitmap downloads site and new background I found on this site in Scenario Design and Modding section.
sdevault

Post by sdevault »

ORIGINAL: mikkey
sdevault, icons can be downloaded from AE WITP unit insignia bitmap downloads site and new background I found on this site in Scenario Design and Modding section.

Thank, I'll check that out too. That background is nifty.
sdevault

Post by sdevault »

It puts into perspective the things we take for granted in the western world. And how we may dramatize events for political, social, or economic gain.
sdevault

Post by sdevault »

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Thanks alot for writing this, I am a very curious person and imo there is no substitute for news from people acualy being there.

True, this is the best was to gauge the reality of a situation.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

True, this is the best was to gauge the reality of a situation.

Well when STRATFOR comes back online readers will be able to access their view of the world. [8|] [STRATFOR was hacked ...]

One opinion is that the Military will have much more say in matters, and that the sinking of a patrol boat and firing of Artillery shells was not a signal to the South -- but a signal to the powers to be that the Military is in charge and will exert power. The weakness in the regime and assertion of the military is a receipe for a "miscalulation". ....

BTW) Percival was right smack in the thick of things in Singapore .. but had no clue of what was going on around him ..[;)]
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

+1
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Return to “Tech Support”