Why are my fleets invading?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Stormy Fairweather

Why are my fleets invading?

Post by Stormy Fairweather »

Under War & Attacks policies I set it to 'Suggest Attacks', yet my fleets are regularly engaging enemy targets without my confirmation, such as pirate bases, and I find this particularily annoying when it sets off to invade somewhere I am not interested in defending.

Dab42

RE: Why are my fleets invading?

Post by Dab42 »

You have to set the fleet posture for each fleet individually.

If you leave it set to the default - 'Attack' 'Anywhere' the fleet will attack any targets of opportunity ie Pirates or players you are at war with.

Stormy Fairweather

Post by Stormy Fairweather »

Ah, thanks.
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

It really is worth learning how to mess with your fleet postures. You can create unbelievable defensive network, and comprehensive assaults, all with minimal micromanagement. Some silly fool in a gas mask wrote a decent thread about it in the War Room.

[:D]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”