New Policy Please

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

marcbarker

New Policy Please

Post by marcbarker »

Please update the Policy Thread to Eriks thread. This really clarifys a lot of items.
Marc
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
MrRoadrunner

RE: New Policy Please

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: barker
Please update the Policy Thread to Eriks thread. This really clarifys a lot of items.
Marc

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

I had a chat with Jason and went over some of the forum history.

First, Jason is the moderator for the Campaign Series sub-forum and we support his actions and appreciate the time he puts in to moderate the forum.

There were some threads and discussions that were going far off-topic and also in some cases into completely non-constructive discussions that devolved into arguments between posters. Off-topic posts should go to the General Discussion forum and on-topic posts should remain constructive. The goal of any of these forums is to promote our interest in gaming and in a specific game, including healthy debate, but not to promote arguments.

There is a difference between our general forum policy and the sub-forum policy though and this resulted from a miscommunication on our part. Off-topic threads and general bashing/argument threads will either be locked or moved to the General Discussion forum as appropriate in the future. Threads that go way out of bounds will be deleted. If Jason feels that a particular forum member is violating our forum policies, they'll get a warning and be referred to the general forum moderators as usual.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com.

Regards,

- Erik

Do you and Deputy want your warnings now?

How about rules you could already have been aware of:

John Tiller Campaign Series Forum
Moderators - Jason Petho

User Chat Rooms & Forums:
MG may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas on the Site where users transmit or post Communications or communicate solely with each other, including but not limited to chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, discussion forums, message boards, e-mail forums, specialty forums or other forums, and the content of any such Communications. MG, however, will have no liability related to the content of any such Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.

In order to keep this a place for all of us to enjoy and for you to participant on our message board we must layout a few rules and policies.

Matrix Games is solely responsible for creating, hosting, and maintaining this message board. This is a private board and shall not be used for anyone personal causes.

Matrix Games.com reserves the right to ban any person from this message board which it has determined to be in violation or simply just for the good of the overall community. Matrix Games also reserves the right to delete or remove any post on our message board.
Bearing that in mind, all Members must agree to follow these simple rules:

No foul language or any type of language that would be consider abusive this includes any materials which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, sexual oriented, vulgar, obscene, hateful, harassing, profane, racist, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
No posting of any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by yourself or one of Matrix Games, its developers, or its agents.
No multiple message board accounts by a single person are prohibited.
No blatant advertisements for non-Matrix Games products, schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also prohibited from this message board. Users are allowed to include a web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or provide an interesting or relevant link to another site.
No Trolling. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the message board. Trolling could be directed towards one user or a group of users. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion; it only encourages personal attacks and will not be tolerated.
No Copyright Infringement posts. We do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please DO NOT post serial numbers or CD keys, copyrighted media or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.
No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Matrix Games Staff. We will not tolerate any forum member acting in this manner.

Matrix Games will maintain a high-level decency standard on our message board.

If you want to moan about Talonsoft being better than M-JTCS you can do that in the General Discussion area? Or, Jason should move them there?

JTCS was what Jason wanted to be discussed here. I see no alternate enlightenment in what Erik stated.

Sorry you feel the need to pursue it further here. It should actually be moved to the General Discussion area?

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
GHQ

Post by GHQ »

I think most of us thank Matrix and Jason for there efforts in developing this game[&o].
The majority have no problem conforming to the above forum rules
For those who think the opposite and believe there is a better product elsewhere,
then I would suggest they do us a favour and look elsewhere for their entertainment.
[:)]

marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

RR, You are stirring the issue of which I am not going into. I am aware of the rules and clarification from Matrix. That is a great thing. For one thing since there is clarification I will expect you to follow those same guidelines. I do not wish for striffe nor animosity. Have a nice life and may your Tanks never run out of ammo and infantry never run low of morale.

Marc

By the way I joined the blitz. It is a great forum as well less tension and more professionalism.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: barker
RR, You are stirring the issue of which I am not going into. I am aware of the rules and clarification from Matrix. That is a great thing. For one thing since there is clarification I will expect you to follow those same guidelines. I do not wish for striffe nor animosity. Have a nice life and may your Tanks never run out of ammo and infantry never run low of morale.

Marc

By the way I joined the blitz. It is a great forum as well less tension and more professionalism.

I am not stirring anything Mr. Barker. I think Erik wants discussion of this nature on the General Discussions forum. Jason is the M-JTCS forum moderator and he wanted discussion concerning it to there, not here.

You seem to want to add stirring in? You brought it up with this thread?
I simply posted the rules and what Erik wrote concerning the forums here at Matrix. I can abide by the rules.

Maybe we can have a game when I return to the Blitz in nine days? I can introduce you to play by e-mail and some of the tactics to use when playing versus humans. Humans are extremely different from the AI.
Matrix-JTCS is a fun game versus humans and The Blitz is place to go concerning ladder play for it. You'll find plenty of challenges there. Early frustration can occur when newbies play their first few games.

I also know about the forums there. I wrote (or re-wrote) some of the rules concerning conduct when I was the CS Ladder Commander a few years back. [8|]
There are those who believe that discussions there are bland.
I find some most stimulating.

I hope to see you there soon. [:)]

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

i wa asking to post what erik said is all. read the statement
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Gee....I didn't see anything in Eric's post where they appointed "Assistant Moderators" to this or any other forum. I don't need any interpreting from any wannbe moderators about what Eric said or what he meant. It was perfectly clear to me. Let's hope it is also perfectly clear to EVERYONE ELSE.
Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series
torpoint

Post by torpoint »

RR - ''I simply posted the rules and what Erik wrote concerning the forums here at Matrix. I can abide by the rules.''

Cripes! That would be a first![>:]

Take care at the Blitz guys and watch your files and the amount of games reported?
Not to mention the 'background negotiations'

Oh! Also, don't upset certain guys at the Blitz or, any games you played with them, may get deleted without you even knowing about it. So called friends with knives in their' back pockets. I'm sure RR can verify that as well, along with being an 'assistant moderator' ?

regards
Torpoint
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

That is interesting
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

I think my post speaks for itself. If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail me rather than continuing this on the forum. Let's move onto more productive discussions.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “General Discussion”