(another) supply question

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jetjockey

(another) supply question

Post by jetjockey »

I secured what I've tagged as Western China and was looking forward to a small but secure supply of resources. However, much to my surprise those much sought after resources are accumulating and not going to where they are most needed. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments
WesternChina.jpg
WesternChina.jpg (368.82 KiB) Viewed 53 times
Brian Anthony Rademacher
topeverest

RE: (another) supply question

Post by topeverest »

Urumuchi is about 35 hexes by major road to the nearest general link to a rail line in China...Keisui (92.35). that is a long supply line, and easy to interdict. The supply distance rules, while difficult to caluclate manually, as I understand them would make Urumuchi an unlikely source of general booty. The longer the cacluated LOS / LOB, the less can be moved. If I hazarded a guess, I would suggest your enemy has interdicted or is periodically interdicting that supply line OR you have other bases that are providing from a shorter supply / booty line, assuming you are seeing nothing move out.

A follow on question would be where do you want the booty to go. Even without interdiction, IME, the allocation algorithem may not pull it from there and push it to eastern China. While it is a basic if dirty equation to walk supply along bases to a destination, I have not had success moving booty that way from that base.

Perhaps there are tricks others could share.

Andy M
jetjockey

Post by jetjockey »

Interdiction is not a problem. I cleared the area quite some time ago, have recon assets in the area, and have swept the area with cavalry. I would like the fuel as well as the resources toward Manchukuo.
Brian Anthony Rademacher
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Which Asia production centers are chronically short of booty if any? I'll take a look and offer an opinion if you like. Just PM me the AETRACKER download for production & booty.
Andy M
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

I'm pretty sure the supply path cost (distance, road, and terrain type) is too great for supplies, etc to flow from Urumchi to other parts of China.  
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: jetjockey

I secured what I've tagged as Western China and was looking forward to a small but secure supply of resources. However, much to my surprise those much sought after resources are accumulating and not going to where they are most needed. Any thoughts or suggestions?
The algorithm isn't perfect, but in this case it is being hampered by the fact you've got and OilC ->Oil Ref, ResC -> L.Ind which draw these probably harder than the pull to other locations. Having not tested this for a while; once it hits a certain threshold the excess will probably move, but you'll find it will retain that threshold.

Oil is moving back and forth. Resources are increasing at the expected 500+/turn - so nothing is moving yet, fuel is moving away (should be +180)

Nothing is perfect and until we get the ability to move manually; you'll have to believe me[;)] Will do some more testing with the beta sometime for you...
jetjockey

Post by jetjockey »

Thanks for the input, guys.  I'm not very good with the production model; just the basics, and every bit helps! [&:]
Brian Anthony Rademacher

Return to “The War Room”