Sealion '40

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Der Kuenstler

Sealion '40

Post by Der Kuenstler »

I'm an old PG vet who is really enjoying this game. It's essentially the same game only better, which is just what I wanted.

I am playing my first grand campaign on "General" level. My question is, has anyone gotten a major vic in Sealion '40 at this level of hardness? It seems impossible to me. Even reloading saves over and over doesn't help - by the time I beat off all the English planes and navy it is 10 turns in and I haven't even dented London.

I need to either rebalance my forces or start over at lesser difficulty - please advise!
"The Führer believes that this campaign will be over by autumn...I hope the Führer is right." Field-Marshal Walther von Reichenau, 1941

My Featured Mods:
DK's Distressed UI
DK's Subtle Sounds
fvianello

RE: Sealion '40

Post by fvianello »

I won a decisive victory at default difficulty level, and it was already hard enough for me :)
Anyway, you don't have enough time to wipe out the royal navy and RAF before starting to unload troops in southern england - you have to start the ground invasion immediately.
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

You can take a look at this AAR. It was in Colonel level:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=60
dsawan

Post by dsawan »

was able to wipe out the RN at the cost of a few transports but yes the landing has to occur at the same time
Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler »

Are we talking about "General" level here? Because those British planes and ships will tear you up if you try to land them the first turn.
"The Führer believes that this campaign will be over by autumn...I hope the Führer is right." Field-Marshal Walther von Reichenau, 1941

My Featured Mods:
DK's Distressed UI
DK's Subtle Sounds
Rudankort

Post by Rudankort »

One thing I can tell is that people who are playing on bonus difficulty levels now (Guderian, Rommel and Manstein) must have won the game in USA playing on Field Marshal, and for that they needed to defeat GB in 1940 or 1942. General concensus seems to be that Sea Lion 42 is actually harder than 1940 version, so most people prefer to get DV in Sea Lion 40. This means that beating Sea Lion 40 on General is certainly possible.
Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler »

Well I must need to adjust my force mix and tactics then...

My Featured Mods:
DK's Distressed UI
DK's Subtle Sounds
fvianello

Post by fvianello »

IMO 1 bomber with good naval attack and 3-4 fighter bombers are mandatory.
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

Return to “Panzer Corps”