Is it possible to make our own DLCs?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

GaryChildress

Is it possible to make our own DLCs?

Post by GaryChildress »

Can we add a folder under the DLC folder with our own custom campaigns?

Thanks for some enlightenment! [:)]

EDIT: Basically if I were going to make my own campaign of, say, 30 scenarios, how could I get those 30 scenarios to show up in the game? Thanks!
KerenskyLI

RE: Is it possible to make our own DLCs?

Post by KerenskyLI »

It depends what you're trying to do exactly.

Are you trying to make a campaign that links into the DLCs?  For example, say you finished DLC 1940, but want to import that core into another campaign.
If yes, then sure this should be possible.

Follow the example here for setting up the custom campaign.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29103

To link your custom campaign to the end point of a DLC, you need to configure the campaign file accordingly.
Best way to do this is look at current examples.
For example, this is how DLC 1941 links into DLC 1940.

Belgrade    30    The Axis forces turn south towards the Balkans before beginning the largest invasion in history.  The invasion of the Soviet Union.    0    0    3000    Grand Campaign '41    Grand Campaign    {7837A98B-FF97-4185-A9C6-B1EEB2CC9903}    END_SAVE_CORE       

Note that the large jumble of numbers and letters (GUID) matches the entry in the GUID.txt from DLC 1940
{7837A98B-FF97-4185-A9C6-B1EEB2CC9903}
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

Your custom campaign will appear as so (Fantasy Campaign):

But it should give you the option to import your 1940 core into the custom campaign.

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

VERY COOL! Hope it works! [8D]
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: KerenskyLI

It depends what you're trying to do exactly.

Are you trying to make a campaign that links into the DLCs?  For example, say you finished DLC 1940, but want to import that core into another campaign.
If yes, then sure this should be possible.

Follow the example here for setting up the custom campaign.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29103

To link your custom campaign to the end point of a DLC, you need to configure the campaign file accordingly.
Best way to do this is look at current examples.
For example, this is how DLC 1941 links into DLC 1940.

Belgrade    30    The Axis forces turn south towards the Balkans before beginning the largest invasion in history.  The invasion of the Soviet Union.    0    0    3000    Grand Campaign '41    Grand Campaign    {7837A98B-FF97-4185-A9C6-B1EEB2CC9903}    END_SAVE_CORE       

Note that the large jumble of numbers and letters (GUID) matches the entry in the GUID.txt from DLC 1940
{7837A98B-FF97-4185-A9C6-B1EEB2CC9903}

Could I create my own set of DLCs, 1939-1945 and make them link to each other but not the Matrix/Slitherine DLCs, 1939-1945. In other words can I make a separate series of DLCs and have it work beside the Matrix/Slitherine ones.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I'm going to create one humungous campaign and just call it "World War II". [8D]
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

Could I create my own set of DLCs, 1939-1945 and make them link to each other but not the Matrix/Slitherine DLCs, 1939-1945. In other words can I make a separate series of DLCs and have it work beside the Matrix/Slitherine ones.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I'm going to create one humungous campaign and just call it "World War II". [8D]

If configured properly, it should be possible.

Good luck on your project, but I still encourage you to split up the campaign. It's still one gigantic campaign, but this way you can release bits of it as soon as they are ready, not 1 year from now.

Each DLC takes over a month to produce, from concept to design to creation to testing.
If we only released it when it was 100% complete as one giant campaign, it wouldn't be ready until June 2012. This way, we can give people reasonable amounts of content to keep interest high over a long period of time, instead of just having this huge void of "NO CONTENT" for months on end and then dumping a monstrous (and quite intimidating) 100 scenario super campaign.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”