curiouse about how to redownload purchased games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Byeohazard

curiouse about how to redownload purchased games

Post by Byeohazard »

I have several games registered here at Matrix and although I do not need to redownload them if there ever was a need to I do not see an easy way to do so. Is it necsesary to contact support with the serial number first? I have my games backed up but I could see myself traveling with my lap top and saying "Hmmmm would be nice to download Distant Worlds and play over the weekend"
I have checked the members area and only saw patches and hotfixes for variouse games but no way to redownload my purchased games.
Any info would be helpful. Panzer Corps was purchased from Slitherine but it is also registered here.
Thanks!
currently playing: Panzer Corps
learning Distant Worlds
Grim.Reaper

RE: curiouse about how to redownload purchased games

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Go to the members area of the site and login. Then go to the My Orders screen. You'll see a list of all the games purchased and registered, after Plimus was implemented (I believe sometime last year). Next to each game will be a link that if you hit it, an email will be sent with a new download link in a few minutes. If your game is not in that list, its possible you never registered it. When you made the purchase, if you were logged in, it supposedly auto-registers you. But if not, you have to manually register the game which is also located in the members area.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

(or not)

Unity of Command isn't showing on my page :-(
Alba gu' brath
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

(or not)

Unity of Command isn't showing on my page :-(

That's interesting...all of mine are listed. Did you try manually registering them? I don't own Unity so not sure if a specific game issue.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I always manually register my games
Alba gu' brath
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

As you can see - registered but not showing on my list.

Attachments
Snap5.jpg
Snap5.jpg (467.51 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Alba gu' brath
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

That is really weird. I just caved in and bought DW-Legends (although I hardly played the first one), but it immediately showed up in my games and my orders. Prior to making the purchase, I was logged into the store so not sure if that makes a difference. Game was auto-registered as well.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I can't recall if I was logged in or not - I guess not if I registered it manually - at least I think I did. Either way, it's registered and not on my download list - I'm just sayin - the ease of redownloading isn't as straight forward as imagined. [:'(]

And it does say "My Registered Games" - not "Games I Bought Whan I Was Logged In" [;)]
Alba gu' brath
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

I can't recall if I was logged in or not - I guess not if I registered it manually - at least I think I did. Either way, it's registered and not on my download list - I'm just sayin - the ease of redownloading isn't as straight forward as imagined.

And it does say "My Registered Games" - not "Games I Bought Whan I Was Logged In"

Point taken...was just probing to see what the difference might have been. Either way, I would agree that it should work both ways.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Sorry - put a couple of smileys in to show I'm just saying [:)] and not totally miffed - though a wee bit. It would be nice if it worked how it's touted - because it is a very easy way to get your downloads again if need be....so good feature but seemingly not implemented to it's full potential.
Alba gu' brath
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Sorry - put a couple of smileys in to show I'm just saying [:)] and not totally miffed - though a wee bit. It would be nice if it worked how it's touted - because it is a very easy way to get your downloads again if need be....so good feature but seemingly not implemented to it's full potential.

No worries JD, by the way, very impressive list of games you own from Matrix....they should want to take care of you :)
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

That's page 1 (just kiddin!)
Alba gu' brath
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Hopefully (maybe) I'm about to add Command Ops BftB and (perhaps) the two expansions for Distant Worlds....maybe

I didn't realise how many games I had from them until I was looking for download links the other day. I thought I had about 15. I obviously have to keep this list away from my wife...not lie you understand - just not disclose! [:D]
Alba gu' brath
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

That's page 1 (just kiddin!)

I wouldn't doubt it:) I only have 19 myself, at least through this company:)

Return to “General Discussion”