Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

marcus1870

Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940

Post by marcus1870 »

Is there a way to get a decisive victory on the first go at Sea Lion? I have two 109E/F and one 110D, one Ju-88, and one Ju-87D.

I spend a lot of time trying to get both aerial and naval superiority (otherwise my air and landing units get shredded). The problem is that after that, I barely have enough time to get a Marginal victory.

Also, what, if any, are the consequences of only getting a Marginal victory during Sea Lion 1940?
Der Kuenstler

RE: Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940

Post by Der Kuenstler »

I was unable to win Sealion on "General" level in 1940. Historically I think the British were mostly standing on the beaches with pitchforks and the only thing that stopped the Germans from rolling over them was lack of navy and transports. I found Britain in PC bristling with AA guns, artillery, and armor - they still had three tank units to my four, although their heavy equipment was supposed to be lost after Dunkirk.

A more realistic scenario would be giving the British only a few infantry but huge navy and allowing the Germans only a few transports.

I ended up just taking a loss so I could go to Greece. With a Marginal victory I think you go to Barbarosa.
"The Führer believes that this campaign will be over by autumn...I hope the Führer is right." Field-Marshal Walther von Reichenau, 1941

My Featured Mods:
DK's Distressed UI
DK's Subtle Sounds
MisterMax

Post by MisterMax »

I did win marginally on FM level 4 turns before the end, and I might have squeezed the decisive victroy too if I judged the situation correctly. That would have costs me probably half my core force though...escpecially on the London attacks so i didn't go for that (better to save a good core force for the attack on Russia).
The ensuing story line is ridiculous though...(after a marginal victory). So I am also very curious what will happen if you score the decisive...
Wargaming keeps you on your toes ;)
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: MisterMax

I did win marginally on FM level 4 turns before the end, and I might have squeezed the decisive victroy too if I judged the situation correctly. That would have costs me probably half my core force though...escpecially on the London attacks so i didn't go for that (better to save a good core force for the attack on Russia).
The ensuing story line is ridiculous though...(after a marginal victory). So I am also very curious what will happen if you score the decisive...

If you get a DV in Sea Lion the Brits are out of the war and it becomes possible to go to the USA scenarios if you manage to knock out Russia in 41.
If you don't knock out Russia then you only go o East Front scenarios, there is no West Front.
A similiar thing will happen if you fail at Sea Liopn in 41 but manage to knock out Russia. Then you get a second chance to knock out Britain in Sea Lion 42. If you get a DV there it's on to the USA. If not then it's West Front for the rest of the game.

Return to “The War Room”