Air Group Upgrade Problem

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

vettim89

Air Group Upgrade Problem

Post by vettim89 »

I will speak in generalities to keep OPSEC in my game.

I have an air group that is due for upgrade. The unit is sitting in the hex with its parent HQ (which is an air HQ). There are plenty of the new airframes in the pool. There is 60k of supplies in the hex.

But (you new there was a but)

The "Upgrade Now" button is grayed out and says "No Upgrade Available". Why is this? I thought I made all the prerequisites for upgrade.
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Chickenboy

RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: vettim89

I will speak in generalities to keep OPSEC in my game.

I have an air group that is due for upgrade. The unit is sitting in the hex with its parent HQ (which is an air HQ). There are plenty of the new airframes in the pool. There is 60k of supplies in the hex.

But (you new there was a but)

The "Upgrade Now" button is grayed out and says "No Upgrade Available". Why is this? I thought I made all the prerequisites for upgrade.
How big is the a/f that the unit is in? IIRC, you may require something like a size 7 a/f for some upgrades.

Is there another large a/f within range of the HQ unit? I'd advise hanging out a turn or two. Sometimes upgrade / replacement a/c can be drawn in by regional HQs to other a/fs and then 'migrate' towards the intended recipient unit.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

If you are running the latest official patch, sometimes there were problems at certain bases. Michael has fixed them all to the best of my knowledge and I stopped experiencing that in the Betas.
vettim89

Post by vettim89 »

I think it is the AF size thing. It is a 27 plane unit (A USAAF fighter sq)
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Do you have enough airframes of the aircraft type you are upgrading to in your pool? The game engine will not allow you to do a partial upgrade.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

IIRC, if you hover your mouse over the greyed button, it'll tell you the reason why you cannot.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

You should be able to do it if you meet the conditions. Just try moving it to another base. I have had to do that once or twice.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Do you have enough airframes of the aircraft type you are upgrading to in your pool? The game engine will not allow you to do a partial upgrade.

Only applies to units scheduled to withdraw. For those you must have sufficient airframes in the pool to fully upgrade up to TOE. Unit which are not scheduled to withdraw can be manually upgraded by the player if there is a single airframe in the pool.

Alfred
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Yep the mouseover should tell you why it can't upgrade- as long as you have "upgrade allowed" selected as well.

Return to “The War Room”