New version at Arcen Games

Humanity has already fought its war against the machines -- and lost. AI death squads stand watch over every planet and every wormhole, the few remaining human settlements are held captive in orbiting bubbles, and the AIs have turned their attention outward, away from the galaxy, to alien threats or opportunities unknown. This inattention is our only hope: a small resistance, too insignificant even to be noticed by the AI central command, has survived. These are the forces you will command!
elmo3

New version at Arcen Games

Post by elmo3 »

The version that you download here at Matrix says 5.000. There were three "beta" updates that I got from the main AI War Bundle screen that took my version to 5.018. Looks like 5.019 is in testing to correct a divide by 0 error.

Details are here: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.p ... ease_5.018
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
AstroBlues

RE: New version at Arcen Games

Post by AstroBlues »

How did you get the program to update? Mine does nothing.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

On the main screen there should be a box that says something like 3 beta updates.  Click on the box.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
AstroBlues

Post by AstroBlues »

The main screen does not have any beta updates, I am not sure how to get to the base game. Light of the Spires is highlighted on my main screen. How do I get to the base game?
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

If you see the base game and all four expansions on the right then you have the complete bundle loaded.  I think Light of the Spire is "highlighted" just because it's part of the shiny artwork of the title of that expansion.  You should see "Game Version 5.000" in the upper left of the screen if you have not loaded the beta patches yet.  The beta patches on my screen were in a window just above the Tutorials/Manual window and to the left of the Tip of the Day window. After loading them the Game Version should read 5.018.

Edit - I'm not sure if Matrix will release the updates here like they do for other game or whether we should always get them direct for Arcen Games. Maybe Erik or someone else from Matrix can clarify that for us.

WitE alpha/beta tester
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

The 5.019 patch is available now via the in-game updater.  Fixes a divide by zero bug.

WitE alpha/beta tester

Return to “AI War Alien Bundle”