Boston's Sept Slump

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

mdiehl

Boston's Sept Slump

Post by mdiehl »

So, as predicted Boston blew the AL East lead in September and even managed to put the wildcard spot in jeopardy. If they can land the wildcard spot, though, then there's no safe place for the NY Yankees.

So what's it going to be? Boston vs NYY for the pennant or some other combination? If it comes to Boston vs NYY I predict the Sox in five.
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?
warspite1

RE: Boston's Sept Slump

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

So, as predicted Boston blew the AL East lead in September and even managed to put the wildcard spot in jeopardy. If they can land the wildcard spot, though, then there's no safe place for the NY Yankees.

So what's it going to be? Boston vs NYY for the pennant or some other combination? If it comes to Boston vs NYY I predict the Sox in five.
Warspite1

Genuine frontier gibberish [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
mdiehl

Post by mdiehl »

Just call me "Howard Johnson." [;)]
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

I say sox in 5 too if it happens
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Sox won't make it. the Rays are closing in for the Kill!!!
Tony
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

Keep the faith.

GO SOX!
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

YAY BREWERS!!! RYAN BRAUN FOR MVP!!!
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Heck I don't think the Yankees are losing any sleep worrying about Boston. Yeah they could get renergized if they make the playoffs but it looks like they have already peaked while the Yankees may not have played their best baseball yet. The Sox had their hands full this past weekend with the Yankees and they were mixing in quite a few rookies and 4A players especially Sunday as the home field thought the A. L. playoffs was locked up.... If I were the Yankees I'd be concerned about Colon, his stuff looked electric earlier in the year but right now he looks hitable and mediocre. The national media keeps harping about Boston's injuries but the Yankees have been fighting through injuries the whole second half as well and they'll end up with the best record in the A. L. If the Sox make the playoffs I'd love to see them meet in the ALCS.[center]Image[/center]
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

Return to “General Discussion”