PA Load bug?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Crackaces

PA Load bug?

Post by Crackaces »

The picture below shows a air transport task force with a AV class ship, loading a PBY squadron. You can see the "LOADING UNIT" and load verified.

But after the exit the TF is idle and not loading the aircraft at all! In fact this TF sailed 1/2 to the target before I realize it left port without loading?

OK whats up?

Attachments
PA Load bug.jpg
PA Load bug.jpg (268.31 KiB) Viewed 48 times
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Crackaces

RE: PA Load bug?

Post by Crackaces »

After an exit .. and a look at the TF status and cargo status is idle!

Attachments
NoLoad.jpg
NoLoad.jpg (280.12 KiB) Viewed 48 times
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
vonTirpitz

Post by vonTirpitz »

The Tangier is a tender (support ship). You need to use a cargo type vessel to load the airgroup (xAK, AK, AKV, etc). When you click on the verify load button it should display a message that no ships were allocated (or something like that).

The fact that load screen still shows LOADING GROUP after the verification fails appears to be a UI update issue (i.e. the screen isn't updated based on the fact that the verify load failed). Perhaps Michael can check that and change how it displays when this happens.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

I think a similar issue can arise with some subs being put into sub transport TF's and then trying to load troops.  MAny subs can't load any troops, but the load screen will say loading group even when they aren't.
Pax
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

"Verify load" should say 'unable to allocate any load to any ship!'.

I had a quick look and there seems to be trouble when a TF can't allocate ships to the load. If I clear out the groups, then it mucks up ships that WERE loading groups in same TF.

Will have a think about how to get around this.[:D]
Michael
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Thanks for the support.
Pax

Return to “Tech Support”