Steam

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

duhsveti666

Steam

Post by duhsveti666 »

So what is the reason for this game not being on it? I mean i bought it anyway, and i can't wait for the box to arrive, but i still want to know. What were the cons of putting it on steam?
jomni

RE: Steam

Post by jomni »

Here's what I think...
Because they demand commission and is contrarty to Slitherine and Matrix DRM philosophy.
duhsveti666

Post by duhsveti666 »

ORIGINAL: jomni

Here's what I think...
Because they demand commission and is contrarty to Slitherine and Matrix DRM philosophy.

Seems good enough reason. I'm really wondering how much commision steam demand's. I mean i see a lot of "indie" games on it, so it can't be a lot. Or can it...
Horseman78

Post by Horseman78 »

ORIGINAL: duhsveti1

ORIGINAL: jomni

Here's what I think...

Seems good enough reason. I'm really wondering how much commision steam demand's. I mean i see a lot of "indie" games on it, so it can't be a lot. Or can it...

To the best of my knowledge its 30% and thats not including any advertising thats just to "stock" the game
jomni

Post by jomni »

30% sounds like Apple!  And Apple also has lots of indie games selling for $0.99.

Take note that wargaming market is even smaller than indie gaming market and developing wargames take more time end effort than indie games.
Jestre

Post by Jestre »

Also the fact that many people, myself included, would not buy this game if I had to purchase thru steam. I stopped buying Total War games and Civ games due to steam. Thank god Matrix hasn't sold their soul to Steam!
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

So someone registered on this forum to promote Steam. Or is it a sock puppet?
ORIGINAL: Jestre

Also the fact that many people, myself included, would not buy this game if I had to purchase thru steam. I stopped buying Total War games and Civ games due to steam. Thank god Matrix hasn't sold their soul to Steam!
+1 I feel exactly the same way.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Apparently, Gabe Newell has a lot of disciples.
They are just spreading the good word.[8|]
JWW

Post by JWW »

ORIGINAL: duhsveti1

So what is the reason for this game not being on it? I mean i bought it anyway, and i can't wait for the box to arrive, but i still want to know. What were the cons of putting it on steam?

So you order the box edition from Matrix but want to know why the game isn't on ? That doesn't pass the smell test.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Some people just like Steam. It's not a problem :)

I've got nothing against Steam and think they have done a great job of building up a digital delivery system which means developers don't need to rely on retail any more (not that we did :) )

Panzer Corps is a cross over game that appeals to our traditional user base but a lot of the wider market too which is why every forum talking about Panzer Corps also has a discussion about why it's not on Steam. We don't have that with our other games. It justy goes to show how wide the appeal of PzC is.

If we ever did decide to work with Steam then we would not be exclusive and you would still be able to get games direct from us without any DRM. Steam is just not a good fit for most of the game we do. Can you imagine the reaction if we tried to launch War in the East via Steam at $80 :)

It's good to hear from people outside our traditional community and about what they would like. Keep all your feedback coming.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Panama Red

Post by Panama Red »

One of the main reasons I buy from Matrix is that they are NOT on Steam with it's DRM. I have no problem with the Matrix method of Serial Numbers, but I do not want to be "tethered" to the internet like Steam requires. I too quit buying games like the Total War series because they went to Steam exclusively.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

Steam sucks............
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ok I'm locking this up as its not productive.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Panzer Corps”