Alternate NATO Counters

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Zaratoughda

Alternate NATO Counters

Post by Zaratoughda »

I have uploaded a zip file, ANC.zip. Should be downloadable at the bottom of this post, that contains an alternate NATO counter set.

This is a set that was originally put together by someone (don't know who), for the original AT, with additions by me as necessary.

The thing is, the person that did this, had some art skill, and did the counters with shading and thus they are more aesthetically pleasing than others I have seen. I tried some others but they seemed to be a step down from these in the original AT so did this for myself (copied the files from AT to ATG, yeah, AFTER I had done the search as to where they needed to go <g>) and now am making it available to anyone interested.

Some copying of folders is necessary so those not familiar with doing this should not attempt to install this mod.

Only the MEDIUM scale is affected by this mod, with the LARGE and SMALL scales remaining as they were. I don't have much a problem with this, icons instead of symbols on the SMALL scale is no problem as things are hard to see anyways, and I almost never use the LARGE scale.

Anyone wanting to develop artwork for the LARGE or SMALL scales, along the lines of what is included here, please feel free to do so. Also, if anyone wants to use this artwork in any other mod or scenario, again, please feel free. Again, most of the artwork is not mine, and with the stuff that I did, I just copied the format already being used.

A text file, ANC.txt, is included in the zip with instructions on how to install.

Zaratoughda
Attachments
ANC.zip
(47.31 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Tac2i

RE: Alternate NATO Counters

Post by Tac2i »

If these counters overwrite the original ones, if you simply delete the small and large counters, then start ATG, it will recreate them based on the standard counters (medium) you created. The resulting LARGE counters may not be as nice looking as if they were created by hand, but will look ok.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”