Rumanian Rail

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

matt.buttsworth

Rumanian Rail

Post by matt.buttsworth »

Hello Everyone,

I have captured Rumania during 1942 winter but my rail conversion is still progressing in Russia towards the Rumanian border.
Do Rumanian rail tracks have to convert hex by hex into Russian size or are they linked to the Russian rail when the Russian rail conversion reaches the border.
This is significant as it affects my capability to shift supplies into Rumania.

Thanks

Matthew
vlcz

RE: Rumanian Rail

Post by vlcz »

Rumania uses standard european gauge...so I dont think you can link withouth conversion. Even germans have to "convert" baltic net (taking it as repair)

BTW if you press really hard maybe you could link with the only other european broad gauge railnet, spanish [8|]
vvs007

Post by vvs007 »

Romania capitulated in August 41. I have received some the Romanian repair brigades, total the southern front has 15 RR bats. But neither in the following turn, nor in the subsequent repairs of the USSR-Bucharest doesn't make.

The rule of five hexes is observed. What's the matter?

JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

GDHF,

Where is your pictured HQ located? I've found that HQs generally don't disgorge their construction SUs to do the autorepair of RR lines unless they are already on an active RR line. From your screenshot, I would suspect that unless the HQ is east of the Prut River, you're not very likely to get any of them to do anything.
vvs007

Post by vvs007 »

I experimented a lot of time by placing hq in the hexes between Bucharest and Reni - nothing happens.

moved the Stavka to Bucharest, to Reni - nothing.
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

You need to place it in the repaired rail at the top of your pick. Not Izmail (where the rail with hashes are, but above there). Just leave it there for a turn or 2. It should start spitting them out.

HQ's only send out rail repair just so far depending on the HQ command radius. Fronts are basically Corp HQ's so only 2-3 hexes. You need Army or above to get a decent range.

But play German so don't know my Russian HQ's as well, so might be mistaken there.
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

I'm pretty sure you're going to win the war anyway, despite your supply problems.....
vvs007

Post by vvs007 »

You need to place it in the repaired rail at the top of your pick. Not Izmail

I waited in this position 4 turns - nothing.

vvs007

Post by vvs007 »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball
I'm pretty sure you're going to win the war anyway, despite your supply problems.....

[:)] I should be in Berlin on May 2, 1942, like my grandfather in real life, May 2, 1945!

1.05.45 100/100 begin 10th turn.

Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

Putting an HQ on the rail does nothing. There are two ways to repair rail:

1. Directly, using an FBD unit. But the Russians don't get any until late 1942. So that doesn't help you.

2. Indirectly; you have to place HQs with RR Construction units near where you want to repair, and AI will "dispatch" construction units to the rail. Has to be 5+ hexes from enemy though, and you have no control over where the repair happens.

You have to "hope" it works

It's virtually impossible to quickly repair a long rail line without an FBD unit.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball
2. Indirectly; you have to place HQs with RR Construction units near where you want to repair, and AI will "dispatch" construction units to the rail. Has to be 5+ hexes from enemy though, and you have no control over where the repair happens.

You have to "hope" it works
This is true, but I've found that HQs are more likely to dispatch the construction units, if they are sitting on a functional railway.
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Break out the sacrificial kid. I sacrifice once or twice a day to the WITE gods to make things work the way I want them to.
randallw

Post by randallw »

Those construction units should have decent range if working from a Front HQ; I believe the game would have it at 15 or 25 hexes?

Return to “The War Room”