Some general questions about niemirow

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

MarkShot

Some general questions about niemirow

Post by MarkShot »

I am playing the Axis. How come I don't see any set up zone during the setup phase? It looks like I can just move anyone 250m?

I've been on a number of maps now and have tried pressing 7, but never see gridded terrain. Is there ever any gridded terrain?

Thanks.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
Mobius

RE: Some general questions about niemirow

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: MarkShot
I am playing the Axis. How come I don't see any set up zone during the setup phase? It looks like I can just move anyone 250m?
Setup zone aren't necessary the best way for a setup. You can move all units in a setup zone to any other spot in a setup zone. It can really throw off what the scenario designer wants to accomplish. I don't like them but I need them in campaign scenarios. So if you see a map without setup zones it at least means it isn't a scenario of a campaign.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

So, with Niemirow, should I be placing units in what I feel are optimal defensive positions are just taking the starting default.

Also, once I have played this scenario is there anything in the game that will vary how it plays in the future (other than difficulty) or is my main option for long-term replay 3rd party created scenarios or the random generators?

Thanks.

PS: I never played QBs in CM, but there were something like 4,000+ custom scenarios effectively making replay value limitless. (I had to replay scenarios except a few years later when I cannot recall any of the details from last time. One of the advantages of getting older.)
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

So, with Niemirow, should I be placing units in what I feel are optimal defensive positions are just taking the starting default.

Also, once I have played this scenario is there anything in the game that will vary how it plays in the future (other than difficulty) or is my main option for long-term replay 3rd party created scenarios or the random generators?
The gun positions are pretty good but are the historic locations of the guns. You can move some of them around. The AI Soviets vary their paths and what flags they go for.

When you run as Soviets the AT gun do a number on the light tanks. Even if you are able to get most of the German AT guns the little 45mm guns have a tough time defeating the German infantry in the buildings.

Even the German AT rifles can take out BT-7s. I've seen them bag a brace of BTs before breakfast.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The legacy maps from PCOWS and PCK do not have grid as they were not made with Map Maker. Other maps should display the grid with the 7 key.
Since you have been playing the tutorial and boot camp, those are legacy. Niemrow however, should have the grid.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Setup zones are entirely scenario designer specific. Some like them some don't. When you review the scenarios you can voice your opinions.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”