Cant save games to the server

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

tomar

Cant save games to the server

Post by tomar »

Tale of 2 computers

I have 2 comps

1 is a desktop at home and all is fine there
1 is a laptop that is mostly work related. But because I have a lot of business travel coming up I installed BA there. After struggling a bit with updates (due to firewalls I assume) I used the updaterexe 2 which you recommended and now I am up to the latest version

Now I can play MP. I can take new challenges.. BUT, when I finish my turn I get a message that the game cannot be saved to the server (and I have to start all over again)

I did sometimes get this message on my desktop, but firstly it was always after the screen clock had some time elapsed (usually at least 10 seconds) and secondly the games usually did save anyway as my opponent got to play his turn

In this case there is no delay (the clock does not even come up) and the game still shows up in my game list, so clearly it has not been saved (If I launch it again I get a replay of my opponent's turn)

Please advise what to do
PipFromSlitherine

RE: Cant save games to the server

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Is your work laptop set up by your company in some manner? Are you able to save a singleplayer game to the machine without issue?

Try deleting your SAVES folder in the My Docs\My Games\BBCBA folder and see if that helps. If it is instantly failing then either your firewall prevents POST commands up to the web, or it might be failing to correctly cache the data.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
tomar

Post by tomar »

Yes, the laptop is rather comprehensively set up

Delete the saves folder, but that did not help
tomar

Post by tomar »

And an interesting twist as I have been trying a couple of things

I tried moving one unit, then saving... It worked a couple of times... Then I tried moving several units , killing ennemies and saving.... and the save does not work....(failed to reach the server)
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Is there any kind of corporate firewall at play? Sometimes they have limits on data uploading?

If you retry the upload, do you get the same results?

I will add in some extra logging in the next update to try and determine what we can do to try and fix your issue.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Tech Support”