Star Port Upgrade

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

galehund

Star Port Upgrade

Post by galehund »

Hello All

I resently startet tinkering with ship and base design and some where along the way i lost the ability to upgrade star ports to larger variants.

I fairly certian i could do that in the begining anyway, but now i can only retrofit to the same size design, what am i doing wrong here?
Data

RE: Star Port Upgrade

Post by Data »

Welcome to the forum galehund
Check that the design you want is not obsoleted; obsoleted designs do not appear on the upgrade menu.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
galehund

Post by galehund »

nope, and it not because it's to big eather(my large base is 3000 in size) as i did a scraped down to basic just to test

edit: i have let the AI control designs again and i can stil only retrofit to same size designs
Data

Post by Data »

do you have a saved game for this? you can upload it to Matrix ftp server and we can check it.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
daemon1129

Post by daemon1129 »

If you are talking about small to medium to large starport, I don't think it is possible without scraping the station first.  But you should be able to upgrade it to a newer design if it is the same type.
Data

Post by Data »

No, you can indeed upgrade directly from any size to any size. I regularly downgrade my initial medium SP to a small SP when I start a game.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

You have right clicked on the space port and took a look at the retrofit options right?

This sounds like finger trouble to me. If you cant figure it out upload the save and one of us will check it out.
daemon1129

Post by daemon1129 »

ORIGINAL: Data

No, you can indeed upgrade directly from any size to any size. I regularly downgrade my initial medium SP to a small SP when I start a game.

How?!
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

As I said in my post above right click the space port and some retrofit options come up in a list
Data

Post by Data »

Yap, like that
galehund

Post by galehund »

oh righty then, Right clicking works wonders, thanks :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riC_7-rsjAM

But you cannot use the ship and base screen (F11) or the button in the lower left corner when the station is selected, Oh and awesome you can downgrade.

And also thanks for a great game.
Data

Post by Data »

But you cannot use the ship and base screen (F11) or the button in the lower left corner when the station is selected

The private sector stations are outside our control and we cannot upgrade them. SP tough should be upgradeable via this way as well.
torrenal

Post by torrenal »

One particular time that you cannot upgrade a port is when its construction is unfinished.

You must let the builders put all the nuts and bolts together before you can tell em they got it wrong...
//Torrenal

Data

Post by Data »

That brings up an interesting point, maybe we should have a stop building option for cases like this so as not to wait for the first upgrade to be over in order to get to the next.

Return to “The War Room”