Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

SlickWilhelm

Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd

Post by SlickWilhelm »

Please, Vic? [:)]
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
Bivoj_MatrixForum

RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd

Post by Bivoj_MatrixForum »

Or better:
From Brest-Litevsk to Moscow
Vic

Post by Vic »

hope to give some more info by end of May... but i disclosed on the wargamer the next DC topic will be somewhere on the eastern front.

http://www.wargamer.com/article/3009/ad ... pers-diary

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
critter

Post by critter »

Wooo Hooo.[&o]
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

Balkan!
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: Vic

hope to give some more info by end of May... but i disclosed on the wargamer the next DC topic will be somewhere on the eastern front.

best,
Vic

Hi Vic,

Do you have any updated info about the next Decisive Campaigns: East Front? I'm very much looking forward to a well made East Front game. The Eastern Front provides a lot of material to work with... Any info about the next game would be much appreciated!
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
parusski

Post by parusski »

best,
Vic

End of day has almost past. Please give it to us.[:'(]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Vic

Post by Vic »

Patience please... I am working on an official information release.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

Yes, sir! Looking forward to it!!!
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Patience... a word that is missing on the wargames player´s dictionary [:D]

Well, know that is a east title is enough... but not forever, i am curious about the period selected and the way to cover it, for example, if you cover barbarrossa you cover it in 3 scens (north, south, center) with a campaign based on this but in 3 periods (early, medium and Moscow battle), other option is the clasic Stalingrad with 3 parts to, summer offensive, city fight and counterattack or the 3 Kharkov battles, i dont think that you plan cover later battles... or i am totally wrong [8|]

Only can wait information about east title and of course, about game improvements, expect something for highlight units using HQ and division units and maybe increase the visibility in counter unit colour.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

I'll take one as driving to Berlin, and trampling over German soldiers on the way. 

I say enough with the German-centric wargames!  Let's curb stomp us some overblown SS units! [:'(]
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

Patience please... I am working on an official information release.

best,
Vic

My patience quota for 2011 ran out last week. Did I miss the Official announcement? If not, could we please get an update? [:)]
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

anything?
"Tanks forward"
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Vic, I've been lurking around the Matrix Games forums for long time, but rarely do I post. I'm going to come out of hiding for this request, because I enjoy your game so much. Please, please give us an update! Your loyal fans are going crazy from anticipation. Anything would do!
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

best,
Vic

I'll buy that when it comes out for sure. I always liked your game, but I need East Front focus to get me interested.

Oops - I just saw the date on Vic's post LOL. Is this dead now?
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Is this dead now?

^ it's certainly starting to look that way...

i really hope not, as i've only recently discovered how truly outstanding DC is. But not even a hint of an update when an 'official info. release' was promised over half a year ago??
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi guys,

I really apologize a little bit. I have said somany times i will give more info then and than and have not done so... I apologize only a little since i usually phrased my announcement defensively using phrases like "i hope too" :)

DC2 is really starting to come together now. I have just posted a 2nd Kharkov scenario test game turn using the PBEM++ (new in DC2) system playing a tester. Personally i love how the eastern front plays with the DC engine.

Core work remaining is fine-tuning, fine-tuning, balancing, some graphics implementations and an attempt to add an extra AI.

Some info will be published soon now. Does anybody still believe my statements on more info? ;) I do myself at least! :)

One of the things i can tell already is that "DC2" will make available the un-official editor functionality. Also as already stated PBEM++ functionality is added. 3 other notable extra features include reinforcements, dynamic OOB (create new units) and an officer pool.

Kind regards,
Vic
wodin

Post by wodin »

HURRAH!

This could be the release that gets me into the series. The only my thing that really has stopped me and it's very anal is actual individual soldiers aren't counted like they are say in Panzer Campaign series. If this was every put into the game I'd have bought the first in a heart beat. Again I satte it's a very anal reason but I always take it into account, it's purely for immersion purposes though.
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

DC2 is really starting to come together now. I have just posted a 2nd Kharkov scenario test game turn using the PBEM++ (new in DC2) system playing a tester. Personally i love how the eastern front plays with the DC engine.

Core work remaining is fine-tuning, fine-tuning, balancing, some graphics implementations and an attempt to add an extra AI.

Best gaming news I've heard in a while. Excellent! I am not usually in the "Day One Purchase" category for games, but this will definitely be Day One for me.

(Re: "graphics implementations", I hope DC2 won't alter the look of the original too much... I absolutely love the look and style of DC as is... with the addition of Kiddytoto's deeper-colored map...)
parusski

Post by parusski »

I loved the game from the start and I still play it. And I am really looking forward to DC2.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”