Hans Rudel Challenge

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

bcgames

Hans Rudel Challenge

Post by bcgames »

Can we have a "Hans Rudel Counter" in WitE? If so, it has to be--must be--done with the "game-as-is"...and that has to be accomplished using the game editor. Can it be done? If not, what's the next best solution? Let's see your solution.

Now let's get this thought out of the way--right away; a lame solution is, "just have the coder code it." Hello? This is the scenario and modding section...

Klydon

RE: Hans Rudel Challenge

Post by Klydon »

Probably make up a special aircraft and play with its stats. Would want to max out the durability/armor for sure and likely some other stats as well to make sure it can't be shot down perhaps. (Rudel counter could be shot down, but would be available the next turn in those games). I would also consider bumping up the canons to make it a bit more lethal. Perhaps the 50 L60 would work. Also put reliability as very reliable.

Would need a date of availability, would not allow other aircraft to upgrade to it and it would not upgrade to another aircraft. Trick to get the aircraft in play would be to have a factory in play for perhaps 1 turn and then have it shut down. The bad thing would be if the aircraft is not produced due to lack of resources, but could make the aircraft dirt cheap in terms of build cost in order to increase the chances that it would be produced. Player would likely have to manually upgrade an air unit or have a air unit show up at the same time ("Rudel" air unit) or better, a turn after and use that aircraft.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Maybe Rudel is an air group. Maybe the effect of Rudel is best achieved by creating a super-effective group of Stukas that really represent the capability of only one Stuka--Rudel's. Air Group name? Rudel, of course. Maybe...
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Well, you are certainly interested in Rudel. Maybe a tatoo or something would be easier?
bevans

Post by bevans »

None of the vanilla ground attack weapons have adequate accuracy and, to a lesser extent, 'damage power' for your entire airfleet of Stukas to reach what Rudel achieved himself. So yesterday I went into the device editor and tweaked (Not. Applied large multipliers in a couple of cases) the weapon accuracy and effectiveness. I don't understand all the values - some seem to run from 1 to a hundred which would make them percentage chance, unless the developers have chosen to be particularly devious and I am not sure that guns and bombs are working on the same scale, since bombs appear to be MUCH more accurate than guns and that seems dubious to me. Others go up to thousands (not for Stuka weapons, which generally have negative damage (not true, exaggeration for effect)). Anyway, as far as I can see, Stuka B and D's have zero chance to destroy an afv, except with bombs. A hundred Stuka G's have probably a 50:50 chance to destroy an AFV. Hs129Bs would be similar, maybe slightly better and FW 190 F and G's have essentially zero chance. Trouble is, I have never actually destroyed an AFV with a Stuka in 5 months or so of play. I expect that claim is an exaggeration, but it is a very small one. So I have upped all the ground attack weapons - both sides - and restarted the '43 GC, where they are all in play. So good choice in one way, very poor in another as the SU has air superiority. I am certainly taking more AFV losses than before and, with liuck and good management, maybe I'll start dealing out more as well.

So that is all semi in answer to the question: create a 'Stuka R' in the aircraft editor, with alll the enhanced properties discussed by others, then go to the device editor and create special tank buster cannons and bombs with excellent accuracy and damage levels and use these devices on the Stuka R. Either have no factories to make the Stuka R, with just a pool to draw on; end of pool, end of Hans. Or 1 factory, max production 1, which will ensure Hans and his buddies will last out the war. Smallest air group you can create/have is 4 aircraft (which I don't believe can be edited), so Hans may have a couple of wingmen with him. Create his only Stab in the editor or just manually change aircraft in the game.
jwduquette1

Post by jwduquette1 »

After watching a couple of combat results at maximum detail setting, I'm wondering if uping the ROF of the Rudel Stuka unit would also help create the effect.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: bcgames

Can we have a "Hans Rudel Counter" in WitE? If so, it has to be--must be--done with the "game-as-is"...and that has to be accomplished using the game editor. Can it be done? If not, what's the next best solution? Let's see your solution.

Now let's get this thought out of the way--right away; a lame solution is, "just have the coder code it." Hello? This is the scenario and modding section...

Glad to see someone trying. I'm completely useless at computer stuff so I will just have to sit it out on the sidelines.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Can it be done?

No, you can't produce fake combat results by modifying data in editor ;p
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Well, you are certainly interested in Rudel. Maybe a tatoo or something would be easier?

------------------------------
RTW3 Designer

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”